Custom Parental Controls for 1.9
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

We were setting up parental controls on the new 1.9 IMG.  I noticed the different settings (13 and up, 17 and up, 18 and up, etc.), and I noticed one called "custom."  However, I cannot access the "custom" link.  I cannot move the highlight over it to select it.  I can only select the age restrictions as I noted above.

Did anyone else have this issue?  Is there a way to activate the custom setting so we can set it how we want? 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Custom Parental Controls for 1.9
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can not select the custom option. It changes to that automatically. What happens is this. From the QUICK SETTINGS option you can pick any age option. What this does is automatically change everything in the ADVANCED SETTINGS to that particular age level. If you then go in and modify anything in the ADVANACED SETTINGS menu then it will automatically change the selection in the QUICK SETTINGS to custom letting you know something was altered from the default level.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can not select the custom option. It changes to that automatically. What happens is this. From the QUICK SETTINGS option you can pick any age option. What this does is automatically change everything in the ADVANCED SETTINGS to that particular age level. If you then go in and modify anything in the ADVANACED SETTINGS menu then it will automatically change the selection in the QUICK SETTINGS to custom letting you know something was altered from the default level.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for the information.  That makes sense.

0 Likes