DVR Box (Fan)
Zoidamite1
Hi everyone! My DVR box fan has been constantly running for about a month now. it is very annoying and loud. This is a newer box, and it has never done this before. Has anyone experienced this, and do you know how to fix it. I assume if I cannot stop this issue, I can all Verizon and ask for a replacement.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Re: DVR Box (Fan)
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

May be a known bug.  They are rolling out a new IMG, and previously this was known to reset the fan by mistake.  Try switching the light dimming (somewhere in the menu). 

Obviously make sure enough ventilation.  Consider vacuuming to remove dust (careful how you do this and do with power plug pulled).

0 Likes
dduncan2012

My DVR also started running (sounds like the fan) all the time. I saw other posts that said changing the LED display on the box could help. I did that and it did help me (for now).  You might try the following:

Using your Remote Control, go to Menu, Settings, System, Set Top box, LED Brightness, and change the setting to Low. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe they fixed the fan issue that used to be able to be stopped by changing the led display setting.  But doesn't hurt to try it.  Also try a reboot from the menu/customer support/top support tools/Fix fios tv issues acreen

Make sure there is plenty of open space around the DVR so that its not getting hot.  May also caused by dust.

Note sometimes the hard drive running noisy also sounds like a fan.  Not usually q good sign if that is the case.

Remember this is a peer to peer forum.

0 Likes