DVR For Life seems not to be for life and rough Supervisor
Custumer1

I just had the opportunity of speaking with a great customer service representative who transferred me to a supervisor. Unfortunately, the supervisor didn't have the same courtesy and level of manners as the initial agent. I asked about moving my current service with me when I go to a new home. I was told that I could but I'd need to sign up for a new rate plan. I said OK but I still have the multi-room DVR box free for life because of the promotion I signed up for. The agent said that wasn't the case and the supervisor seemed to also believe that was the case. However, when I asked for support in writing for that purported fact, they were unable to deliver anything. As a result, I requested they honor the agreement that they had with me for a multi-room DVR to be free for life but they refused. I said that this must be something that they can come up with some way to honor but they said no. Then I requested to speak with{edited for privacy} supervisor but she said that was not possible - she could only have another supervisor call me. I said that I wanted this to be escalated but she indicated that she wouldn't do that. Hopefully someone monitoring this board can get in touch with me about what Verizon can do for me in light of this offer of a free DVR for life that I accepted or involve the correct individuals at Verizon so we can get this resolved prior to my move date, which could complicate this matter considerably more.

0 Likes
Re: DVR For Life seems not to be for life and rough Supervisor
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The DVR for life is only free if you remain at the original address. Once you move it is no longer free.

0 Likes
Custumer1
That's what everyone is saying now but what I can't locate and neither can anyone I have spoken with this far is where in the terms of my service agreement it says that. I was told as long as I am a customer with no mention of a customer at the same address. Please advise. Thanks
0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're talking to other customers here.  None of us have access to your agreement.

I, too, have DVR for life.  I'm not sure if I can find the terms of the promotion anymore. I don't think it's online, but I haven't looked very hard.  It is also my understanding that DVR for Life is good until I upgrade services or move.

Your best source of information on your specific contract terms is Verizon.  We other customers can tell you what we know and have experienced, but it's possible your agreements are not the same.

The Verizon moderators might escalate your issue to support.  If they do, pay attention to their instructions.  They will not call or email you.  They will communicate with you through the private message portion of this forum.  I doubt they will escalate your issue as it's pretty clear; but if they do, now you know what to do.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I am pretty sure, DVR for Life means DVR for Life of Contract.

Here's an old free for life offer that I found online

*Free Multi-Room DVR provided via $19.99/mo. bill credit (excludes applicable taxes) for as long as customer retains qualifying TV, Phone, and Internet bundle
and current service address. Discontinuation of any bundle element or service or current address will cancel offer. Models may vary. Limit one promotional
DVR and standard definition Set Top Box per customer

0 Likes