DVR Multi Room question
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have 2 DVR's. I am reading a lot that when the 1.9 upgrade comes that I will be able to watch recorded content from one to the other. If I add a 3rd non-dvr box will I be able to watch recorded content from either DVR? I know with the multi room DVR, I can access recorded content and watch on a non DVR set top box. Can one non DVR box access content from 2 DVRs? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: DVR Multi Room question
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Cokeman wrote:

I currently have 2 DVR's. I am reading a lot that when the 1.9 upgrade comes that I will be able to watch recorded content from one to the other. If I add a 3rd non-dvr box will I be able to watch recorded content from either DVR? I know with the multi room DVR, I can access recorded content and watch on a non DVR set top box. Can one non DVR box access content from 2 DVRs? Thanks!

Per the notes on what is supposed to be on the 1.9. It is supposed to allow for DVR to DVR connections and also allow for multiple hubs in the house.

So that means that each DVR can see the other and the non DVR's will be able to view programming from every dvr. Total communication. If it works like they say and they get all the bugs worked out it sound like it will be really cool. And it seems that Verizon is taking extra care to get this right this time. They've already pushed back the roll out date a couple of times because it was not ready yet. Plus they actually have a lot of beta testers testing it to make sure it works correctly.