DVR Recording Wrong Channel
FIOSHater

For the last week, every time my DVR is scheduled to record a show on CBS it records the NBC channel in that time slot instead.  Last night I went to watch CSI and while the DVR stated on the Info screen I was watching CSI, it very clearly was Chicago Fire.  This also happened Monday night with HIMYM and Hawaii-Five-O.

To make matters worse, only CSI is actually "On Demand" so I can't even watch the other shows.  Speaking of which, I have a subscription to HBO, so why can I not get "True Blood" on Demand?

Depsite the fact that my taste in television is questionable, does anyone have any answers as how to fix this issue.

I have been a new subscriber to FIOS for two months and hate the TV service compared to my old DirecTV (moved to the area and was under the impression the triple-play was God's gift).  In 10 years, I never had issues like this with DirecTV.

Now I am just counting down the months until I can get out of my FIOS contract.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: DVR Recording Wrong Channel
PJL
Master - Level 3

@FIOSHater wrote:

For the last week, every time my DVR is scheduled to record a show on CBS it records the NBC channel in that time slot instead.  Last night I went to watch CSI and while the DVR stated on the Info screen I was watching CSI, it very clearly was Chicago Fire.  This also happened Monday night with HIMYM and Hawaii-Five-O.

To make matters worse, only CSI is actually "On Demand" so I can't even watch the other shows.  Speaking of which, I have a subscription to HBO, so why can I not get "True Blood" on Demand?

Depsite the fact that my taste in television is questionable, does anyone have any answers as how to fix this issue.

I have been a new subscriber to FIOS for two months and hate the TV service compared to my old DirecTV (moved to the area and was under the impression the triple-play was God's gift).  In 10 years, I never had issues like this with DirecTV.

Now I am just counting down the months until I can get out of my FIOS contract.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Suggest you do this to reset the guide and DVR; it may fix your issue.  I was given it by chat when I had a problem with my DVR functionality (which you seem to have).   It had no impact on my recordings or scheduled recordings. I hope it fixes your problem for you.

On your FiOS TV Remote,

1. Press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.

5. Then press 2601 and then OK.

0 Likes
own2dogs

Yes, my DVR has also been recording NBC when set to a CBS station.  Has anyone posted anything to resolve this problem.

0 Likes
jessyab

Same thing happened to our DVR too... FIOS has some explanation to do!!!!!

Annoying!

0 Likes
wilka

We had and have the same problem with CBS, ABC, and NBC on certain recording schedules.

In February/March a technician came by and replaced the Cisco CHS 435 HDC box. After that it seemed OK until two weeks ago the whole think started again with CBS and ABC so far.

Tomorrow, Friday April 19th, we have another technician coming to debug the issue. I will update my post after the appointment.

Verizon certainly leans itself far out the window with Fios and its premium service, however, they do fall short and seem overwhelmed in providing sufficient services - just my opinion. Be it a training issue of their staff or a Cisco problem, either way, it sure would be nice to see whether someone from Verizon would address the issues in this forum. What else would it be good for? Verizon? Hello?

0 Likes
alice091
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any updates on this issue?  I have an NBC program scheduled and I keep getting the Six Million Dollar Man from COZI TV.  Very frustrating.  It also seems like live chat is never available from Customer Service and I hate waiting on the phone.  Very sorry I signed a 2 year contract at this point. 

0 Likes
Chan2589
PJL hit it on the nail his advice worked!! CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC, MY9, and CW11 are no longer mixed up after following his directions. See below if you missed his post

On your FiOS TV Remote,
1. Press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK.
5. Then press 2601 and then OK.
0 Likes