DVR: Unable to delete programs
MarkHas

There are several programs listed on my DVR that I'm unable to delete.  

When I try to play the program, it does nothing and simply refresshes the screen.

When I try to delete the program, it does nothing.

It appears the program is not actually on hthe DVR, but it still appears in the listings.  So I can't actually play the recording, biut I can't delete it either.

Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
Re: DVR: Unable to delete programs
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's odd behavior.  You might want to try the trouble shooter available through the set-top-box menu.  A box reboot may help as well.  The recommended way to reboot the box is through the menu system, as a hard power cycle can leave the file system in an odd state.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
MarkHas

None of this worked.  I've tried autocorrecting and rebooting.  It looks like it only happens with programs stored on the external storage.  It has become failry consistent lately.  They all hang around after I delete them.

I've seen suggestions to eject the drive, autocorrect again and then reattach it.  Anyone know if this will erase the contents on the drive?

0 Likes
bradley19851

I've been having this problem as well! But only with my Multiroom DVR. The standard HD DVR we had before this never had that problem at all, but for some reason, the Multiroom one random decides what programs it feels like saving indefinitely.

Currently, we have 7 or 8 things that are all stuck in limbo, some for over a year now. They were recorded at all different times from various channels, so there's no rhyme or reason that I can figure out.

I've tried deleting them from the DVR list over and over, and they do show up in the Deleted folder, but removing them from there does nothing either. I've tried refreshing the box, rebooting the box from the Menu, old-fashioned unplugging of the power and cable, also unplugged the external harddrive. We've even had a power outage which I hoped would totally disconnect us from Verizon and let it boot up fresh, but that didn't work either.

I was afraid to try removing and re-adding the hard drive because I was positive that that would delete all of our recordings when it "reformats" or whatever.

Did you ever try it? Did it work? What happened?

Anyone else find a fix?? I complained about it to Verizon before, about 2 years ago, and all they did was replace the whole box for me. Which, of course, caused us to lose everything we previously had, so I haven't bothered to contact them again.

0 Likes