DVR View Recordings Menu Change
wjs829
Enthusiast - Level 1

Within the last couple of days I noticed that when I try to view my DVR recordings, I get a different menu than what I am used to.  Before, I would click "view recordings" and then most of the screen would be devoted to my recordings.  Now it seems the main menu is to the left and the recorded shows are to the right.  And I have other useless menus at the top.  I have a small TV and it is impossible to read the new menu because of the clutter.  Any idea how to get the old one back?

0 Likes
Re: DVR View Recordings Menu Change
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have Quantum, that is the new menu.

My smallest TV is 23".

Works just fine. I can see everything.

What can't you read?

0 Likes
wjs829
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our TV's are CRTs, not High Def.   And yes we have Quantum FIOS.  The top part of the menu where titles change as you scroll down the list of recorded items is impossible to read on our 19" TV.  We sit about 10 feet from it.  Even our 32" TV is very difficult.  It was easy to read when the menu was less cluttered.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My assumption is that it was tested on HD only as that was perceived to be the preponderance of users.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Don't know if this will help, but if you haven't verified your Graphics Settings in the Menu, you might check to see if they happen to be set to HD. If so you might try changing to SD, might help, might not. I don't have any SD TVs to experiment with, so all I can do is just make the suggestion.

And to answer your question about getting the old system back, no, not unless Verizon decides to withdraw the new version, and I don't think there is any chance that is going to happen.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes