DVR Web Access - My solution to "Bad Gateway" & "Set-Top Box xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Not responding"
Thor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me first outline my starting configuration.  I had a 6416 DVR on IP address 192.168.1.105.  In the Actiontec router, this was set up in the firewall port forwarding rules as follows:

Networked Computer/Device     Protocols                         WAN Connection Type                            Status

Application

192.168.1.105:63145                  UDP Any -> 63145          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

192.168.1.105:8082                     TCP Any -> 35000          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

(By the way, anyone know what the TCP port 8082 -> 3500x forwarding is?)

Here is what has worked for me to get web access to my DVR working:

1.) In the Actiontec router, using the firewall/Port Forwarding screen there is a pull down at the top with which to specify an IP address manually.  I used that to input the IP address of my new 7232 DVR.

2.) In the pull down next to it, labelled "Application to Forward", I selected "Custom Ports".

3.) At this point, several more Drop-Downs appear.  For protocol, I selected "UDP".

4.) I left "Source Port" at "Any".

5.) I set "Destination Port" one higher than the old DVR - I used 63146 for this new one.

6.) I set "WAN Connection Type" to "Broadband Connection (Coax)"

7.) I set "Forward to Port" to 63145.

8.) Click "Apply".

A new entry appeared under applied rules:

Networked Computer/Device     Protocols                         WAN Connection Type                            Status

Application

192.168.1.106:63145                  UDP Any -> 63146          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

Voila !  I was then able to access my DVR from the Verizon Web Page.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get Caller ID working.  My STB's keep saying I have to subscribe to caller ID service (which I have for several years).  One of the Verizon techs last night said it was because I have/had IOBI service on that line (which was supposed to have been discontinued June 4, according to Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: DVR Web Access - My solution to "Bad Gateway" & "Set-Top Box xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry the caller ID on the TV isn't working. We will have to reassociate it on the back end if your type of telephone will allow it. I have sent you a private message to get your info.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Web Access - My solution to "Bad Gateway" & "Set-Top Box xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
michlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Thor wrote:

Let me first outline my starting configuration.  I had a 6416 DVR on IP address 192.168.1.105.  In the Actiontec router, this was set up in the firewall port forwarding rules as follows:

Application

192.168.1.105:63145                  UDP Any -> 63145          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

192.168.1.105:8082                     TCP Any -> 35000          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

(By the way, anyone know what the TCP port 8082 -> 3500x forwarding is?)

Here is what has worked for me to get web access to my DVR working:

1.) In the Actiontec router, using the firewall/Port Forwarding screen there is a pull down at the top with which to specify an IP address manually.  I used that to input the IP address of my new 7232 DVR.

2.) In the pull down next to it, labelled "Application to Forward", I selected "Custom Ports".

3.) At this point, several more Drop-Downs appear.  For protocol, I selected "UDP".

4.) I left "Source Port" at "Any".

5.) I set "Destination Port" one higher than the old DVR - I used 63146 for this new one.

6.) I set "WAN Connection Type" to "Broadband Connection (Coax)"

7.) I set "Forward to Port" to 63145.

8.) Click "Apply".

A new entry appeared under applied rules:

Application

192.168.1.106:63145                  UDP Any -> 63146          Broadband Connection (Coax)            Active

Voila !  I was then able to access my DVR from the Verizon Web Page.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get Caller ID working.  My STB's keep saying I have to subscribe to caller ID service (which I have for several years).  One of the Verizon techs last night said it was because I have/had IOBI service on that line (which was supposed to have been discontinued June 4, according to Verizon).

Thor,

From reading various posts on DSLReports.com, port TCP port 8082 -> 3500x is used for CallerID.

I set up my AT to forward port as you layed out here. Unfortunately I still get a "bad gateway". And my CallID is not working although I appear to have all the appropriate rules in place too

0 Likes