DVR keeps freezing - third STB
jcw308

Hello- I am on my 3rd Verizon STB due to DVR recording failing and freezing. We have had it with FIOS and want to switch to another company. Does Verizon have a "lemon law" type of setup in place? We feel it's not fair to have to pay yhe ETF. We just want something that works, and Verizon has had plenty of chances to resolve this.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: DVR keeps freezing - third STB
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Turn on your TV and STB. On your remote press the STB power then the OK button then the OK button again in order. You will end up on the diagnostics screen. Go to Connected Home.and hit the right arrow button. Press the down arrow 3 times you will see the Moca Matrix. You do not want to see any numbers below 180. They should be in the 200's if they are good. If you see low numbers you either have bad coax somewhere or a bad splitter causing an issue.

0 Likes
jcw308

That combination didn't work.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need a short pause between each press of the button.

0 Likes
MattinMD

I have had nothing but problems with the DVR since I switched to a Verizon package:  freezing, skipping, failures to record, and needing to reboot every 2-3 days.  Nothing seems to help.  I would switch back to Comcast if I could keep my email address.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

Do you have more than one box?

If so, try swapping them around to see if you keep having the problem.

0 Likes
MattinMD

My living room server seems to be a VMS1100 while the second DVR is an IPC1100.  The two devices freeze and skip randomly and independently.  The result is the least reliable service I have ever had since I began subscribing to cable television decades ago.  (The latest need to reboot was only ten minutes ago.)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have Quantum hardware. (BTW, IPC is not a DVR. All of the reocrdings and tuners are on the VMS. IPC is just a slave off of it).

It has some software issues but I haven't heard of anyone needing to reboot that often.

What software version are you running?

It is under menu-setting-sytem information.

0 Likes
MattinMD

System Menu lists:

UI Version:03.24.2(32483)

Middleware Version: 03.24

Firmware Version:  KA 12.50.07.07 Alder.43970

Nothing was specifically identified as "software version".

0 Likes