DVR locks up
SteveLogan
Enthusiast - Level 3

On and off for about 3 months now we've been getting occasional DVR lockups when we try to play back a recording.  Locked up so that only yanking the power plug gets it working again (and then chances are the recording will playback fine).

When I called tech support about that (and another problem where we'd get Channel Unavailable errors on intermittent HD channels in the 622-680 range) they sent me a new DVR - but it was a 6xxx series and I didn't want to downgrade my 7xxx to that.

When I plugged my original DVR back in the missing channels were back, but we still have the intermittent playback problems.

On a good note though, when I was out of town last week and the Channel Unavailable errors popped up again, and then when I told my wife to reboot it and it would not reboot, she called Verizon and they had a tech out within 6 hours (same day) and he replaced all of the hardware in the basement.

0 Likes
Re: DVR locks up
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear SteveLogan,

I'm glad the technician was able to fix all of your issues.  If you have any questions, issues or concerns in the future; please feel free to contact us.  Thanks

0 Likes