DVR not recording on time...
StogyBear

We have followed the advice of the technicians for Verizon, we have reset the DVR, tried various recording times before and after a show. Shows are also split into 2 segments. Never had a single problem with DirectTV. After 10 months of this, we are ready to return to Direct TV.

Totally Frustrated in SoCal. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR not recording on time...
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

shows that are split into two recordings are usually due to the Emergency Broadcast System interrupting the show. Nothing Verizon can do about that.

Recording times are set by the guide/clock. If the guide says that the show is 10am-11am, the box will record 10a-11a. If the channel actually has the show playing early or late, the box cannot tell.

I have this problem with Star Trek Voyager on spike tv. CSI always runs late and the Voyager starts about 5 minutes after it is supposed to. (This is on Direct TV ). I had to tell my DVR to stop 15 minutes late to make sure I get it every day. CSI sometimes goes 5 minutes long and sometimes 15 minutes long. changes every day, but they guide does not recognize this, therefore the DVR does not know any different.

0 Likes
Re: DVR not recording on time...
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Split recordings can also be caused by a reset of the box.  Verizon periodically sends a reset signal to their boxes - usually in the "early" morning (midnight to 6 AM).  Had it happen just the other night.

0 Likes