DVR not recording properly after upgrade
jkus
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the DVR software upgrade, my DVR is now missing shows or recording both the HD and SD version of shows.  It's possible it's missing shows because it can't record two shows at once because it's busy recording both HD and SD versions of the same show.  There are lots of complaints on the new color scheme which I agree with, but could get used to.  But if the DVR isn't going to record properly, what use is it?  How do I fix this?

Re: DVR not recording properly after upgrade
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Jkus, definitely sorry about the troubles.  We have a solution. On the DVR in question, navigate with your remote to the following:

DVR >> Configure & Upgrade >> Default Series Options >> Recording Type

At this screen, you can change the default recording type from ALL to either HD or SD. This should ensure that furture series recordings are done in the format you specify.

Please let us know if that works for you and we're here if you have any other quesitons.

Francis.

0 Likes
ptut226

all of my series that previously recorded with no problems are not recording since the upgrade . . . . should I delete and start over or is their an easier fix ? 

0 Likes
dnm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm seeing the same thing.  DVR tried to record 2 SD and 1 HD broadcast of series set to All Channels, All Types, Any Time, First-Run Only.  Old software only recorded HD and was smart enough to not record the concurrent SD broadcast.  This is clearly a bug and the resolution is we all need to go change our config to just record the HD type?  I got the same rec on twitter just now.  There's just not enough people reporting the problem.

Specifics?  "Formula One Racing" broadcast 11/8 on channels 90, 590, 1544.  Old software only recorded 590.  New software recorded 90 and 590, and when I stopped recording 90, it tried to record 1544 (I was watching another channel).  Chose Cancel, then 30 seconds later got another conflict warning because it wanted to start recording 90, again.  It's just annoying at this point.

BTW, new STB theme is ugly, if you're taking a poll.

*Edit* Just thought of another problem, that I'm pretty sure is happening.  When deciding to record all of them, it looks like the sort is ascending channel order.  If there's something else being recorded, that means that only the first SD is recorded, not the HD.  At least now I understand what happened last week when my show was only recorded in SD.

0 Likes
GaryPSU
Enthusiast - Level 3
Since the upgrade, my DVR is also recording shows in both HD & SD, which causes some shows to not record. I do have the setting to record in HD only. What else can I do?
0 Likes
GaryPSU
Enthusiast - Level 3
Your suggestion doesn't fix the problem.
0 Likes
Re: DVR not recording properly after upgrade - FIXED
GaryPSU
Enthusiast - Level 3
I found the solution on my own. You must go to DVR, Manage series recordings. For every series you must make sure that each shows record type as HD, and channel as Selected Channel. If this isn't the case, for each error, you must click on Modify Series, and change "Rec Type" to HD, and "Channel" to Selected Channel, then save changes. Almost half of mine were set wrong after the recent upgrade. This was a pain in the butt since I have quite a few series scheduled, but at least it worked.
0 Likes
att: verizon tech support:DVR reboots alot
sgrant693
Enthusiast - Level 2

even before this upgrade in nov 2014,and after this recent upgrade it got worse.. my dvr reboots when I am deleting a show, playing another show and many other variables..THIS is so frustrating..spending alot of time looking at a blank screen and haveing to wait for a reboot..

also after the upgrade(more like a downgrade) all my current series recorded set to SAVE UNTIL I DELETE all switched back to save until space needed..

I had 87 % filled and spent 3 hours manually correcting this horrible and thoughtless glitch..

I do programming and beta testing and if I released such a buggy upgrade, I would be out of a job..ONLY VERIZON can chage me 200 bucks a month to be a guinea pig/tester..and insult upon injury, no one corrects these issues and FIOS should not just wait for poeple to complain, becuase they have a life and can't be on the phone with a low level tech support person that does nothing tom remedy the situation!

Guess it's back to the WAR ROOM and FIOS CEO Corporate office to file a formal complaint as well as with the FTC.

Don't you guys care about your existing customer...

that's what I get for loyality to FIOS.

0 Likes
Re: DVR not recording properly after upgrade - FIXED
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

@GaryPSU wrote:
I found the solution on my own. You must go to DVR, Manage series recordings. For every series you must make sure that each shows record type as HD, and channel as Selected Channel. If this isn't the case, for each error, you must click on Modify Series, and change "Rec Type" to HD, and "Channel" to Selected Channel, then save changes. Almost half of mine were set wrong after the recent upgrade. This was a pain in the butt since I have quite a few series scheduled, but at least it worked.

I had to do the same thing, that did resolve the issue for me.

0 Likes