DVR recordings showing complete, but shows don't play all the way to the end
neomatsu

Checking to see if anyone is having this problem...

It began back in December when I recorded a college football bowl game. It showed that it recorded 3.5 hours, no problem. Started the playback and about 45 minutes into the show all of a sudden it stops and you get the menu as if your show has ended and stopped. Tried to restart and play and same thing. Thought maybe it was freak happening...

Then over the course of the next month, 2 more bowl games did the same thing, show that so much time has been recorded but gets to the 45 minute or 1 hour mark and then stops and wont play the rest of the recording. No power outages, no service interruptions, is not specific to a specific TV channel, not specific to a time of day.

SO I used the online chat and the tech ended up re-initializing the STB. Not a week later on a different channel (not sports) it did it again. This time I called FSC and talked to tech in Utah and explained what had happened and he shipped me out a new STB, this was about 2 weeks ago...

Last night recorded a show @1:33AM and it shows 1 hr recorded but after 2 minutes it does the same thing, stops playing and get menu. There was no power outage last night as none of my devices like coffee pot show the flashing time...

Something is going on and Verizon needs to figure this out, getting very frustrating and tired of losing favorites to -re-initialization since this doesn't solve it and neither did replacing the old STB...

Pete

PS... I use to train CSA's, NT's and Fiber NOC technicians and so I do know a few things about this service and the network!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: DVR recordings showing complete, but shows don't play all the way to the end
neomatsu

I am updating my original post...in the last 2 days I have recorded about 6 shows and out of the 6 shows 2 have done this same thing...one from 2 nights ago on the comedy central station early in the AM plays only 33 seconds and then goes back to the MPG with he options of "Play", "save Till I delete" and Delete. It says that its recorded 1 hr on 2/1, 01:33 AM. 

I was watching a VOD and recorded the 530PM News with Katie Couric and it pays 8:54 minutes of a 30 minute recording and then goes to the end and shows the same menu options as outlined above....

This is beginning to be a royal pain, especially considering what I am paying for a service that is no longer reliable!!!!  I don't want to say that Verizon FIOS is becoming no different than the (sic) cable companies..I am a big supporter of a Fiber service but the TV part of the service has an issue here and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: DVR recordings showing complete, but shows don't play all the way to the end
RavensRule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue  as well for quite some time. The other day we recorded a 2 hour movie. About 15 minutes in the picture pauses then it jumped to about 1:45 minutes into the show.

Other times in the past it did exactly what you said. Would love to know why this is happening.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
This wouldn't galen to be a tivo unit would it? If not then you should clear the memory. Its a secret command. You click on menu then settings and then system info. Enter the code 2617 and hit ok. If you do it right you will see a message saying 'you have executed command 2617 successfully ' your box might reboot. The problem should go away. that code clears some internal memory, so parental controls, favorites, audio settings will all need to be re-setup if you had any personal settings.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if it's a tivo then it's a different fix.

0 Likes
neomatsu

Nope not a TIVO, I will try yer solution but am hesitant, I am so tired of resetting my favs for an issue that is probably software related....

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's partly software related, and it happens for two reasons,  one of which should have been fixed by getting the IMG 1.8 software release.

so you may want to check your software release, because the verizon side of that problem was supposed to have been fixed with that software release.    so go to menu > settings > system info and it will tell you your release version.    1.8 and higher is what you want. 

other than that, the problem happens because  if the DVR records on a channel that is unavailable at the time when the recording takes place, or if the channel goes unavailable while the recording is in progress.

The other cause is related to LOD files that are converted to recorded files, and was supposed to have been fixed in IMG 1.8

0 Likes
mav1c1

Old thread, but I am having the same issue. 2 recordings this past weekend said they recorded the whole program, but one (3 hour recording) stops about 8 minutes in, the other (1 hour recording) stops about 35 minutes in. Fully rebooted the box a couple times. No better. I guess I'll have to call Verizon and sit on hold for 1/2 hour.

Oh, and this is on a Cisco Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR

0 Likes