DVR with a DUI message--
Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a DVR w/ message DUI. I have sound but no picture. Screens shows No Signal. It was switching between no signal and a black screen with colors strip at the top of screen. Tried another Tv with HDMI port and it was doing same thing. I called Tech Support on 1/12/11 and was on hold for over 2 hrs with a message we will be with you in a few minutes. During this time I was trying different thing. I rebooted and pushed the reset on the router also. I finely unplugged the the DVR and it worked.

I now have the same problem again. I have been on hold with tech support for 45 min. Is there that many problems in the Tampa Bay Area?

Can anyone help me with this problem to be solved. I have rebooted the DVR and it is working again. It is slow switching channels.

0 Likes
Re: DVR with a DUI message--
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

DUI is actually (as close as a 7 segment display can show) DVI which is the box trying to do an HDCP handshake with your equipment.  For some reason it is failing so it is not displaying any video.  Not a true fix, but have you tried component cables (red, green, blue - 3 wire video, not the old composite yellow single wire)?  This connection is capable of delivering full 1080i video but requires an additional audio connection.

This is a known issue with the Motorola boxes and several brands of TV, although it has gotten somewhat better with the most recent STB firmware (IMG V1.8).

0 Likes
Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Defeats the purpose of a HDMI Cable. I have the cables running through the walls.

Go Verizon. Will you ever pick up the phone? Crappy Customer Tech Support.

0 Likes
ManiacMarie90

My dvr also had the dvi message. It was working just fine, I was using the skip button to pass the commercials in a recorded show, and all of a sudden my screen went black and the sound was gone, too! I read all the posts about using component cables and trying to unplug the hdmi cable so I decided to try it before calling tech support (because I have read that the hold time is long). I went to unplug the hdmi cable, only to discover that there is no hdmi cable plugged into my box! I am already using the component cables. So, I unplugged the power cable from the box and plugged it back in. It came back on immediately. It seems to be working just fine now 🙂

0 Likes