Disappearing IMG with 500GB dvr
JustWonderin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just ‘upgraded’ to the 500GB dvr via e-mail ‘email us if you would…’ route and was surprised at next day arrival. Installation and activation went AOK according to the flashing messages on the install screen. Returned older dvr the next day and noted both old and new dvrs were listed when I logged in to net access: old first, new one (name IMG AP) second. IMG was accessible too. Today the old dvr ‘disappeared’ from the access screen list, and only new one was left. BUT… along with the old dvr ID also went the Media Guide! Access request goes through the running red boxes (Vz’s rotating circles)… and the day/date/time template appears, but specific program info is gone with the disappeared dvr ID as is the ability to program anything. Is this ‘as usual’, ‘anomaly’, or ‘ask the guy with the dirty gloves’ time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disappearing IMG with 500GB dvr
JustWonderin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

PJL,

Just got to try the suggested fix today and found that it WORKED with regard to the IMG.  But the fix in one area brought an 'unfix' in another. The OL 'Manage Your Fios TV online' now describes the DVR as “ not able to accomplish request- try again later”, or  “… is not responding”, or "bad gateway".  I'll try 'waiting' for a while and then if patience fails, it's on to the 'live chat.'

RE: disappearing guide - One thing that should be noted as it might be important for others with the apparent problem: the FONT SIZE controls on the mouse/touchpad MAY make the dynamic guide data seem to 'disappear' though the template remains visible and readable. I accidentally rolled the font toward minimum only to find the text disappear. Bringing the font size back to 'normal' returned the IMG info to view.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Try unplugging your STB, then reset the router.  Per instructions I received from Verizon, you will need to hard reset the router. Hold the reset button on the back for at least 20 seconds. Then plug in the STB and go into the DVR settings again to enable to remote DVR, then go online.  It should be there at this point showing the status and ability to manage the STB.

0 Likes
JustWonderin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks much for the heads up. I'll give it a try when I return to NY from the hinterlands of CT and granddaughter duty. Hope I can find router PW among hidden secret PW list. Too bad remote fixes seem 'remote'. Thanks again.

0 Likes
JustWonderin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

PJL,

Just got to try the suggested fix today and found that it WORKED with regard to the IMG.  But the fix in one area brought an 'unfix' in another. The OL 'Manage Your Fios TV online' now describes the DVR as “ not able to accomplish request- try again later”, or  “… is not responding”, or "bad gateway".  I'll try 'waiting' for a while and then if patience fails, it's on to the 'live chat.'

RE: disappearing guide - One thing that should be noted as it might be important for others with the apparent problem: the FONT SIZE controls on the mouse/touchpad MAY make the dynamic guide data seem to 'disappear' though the template remains visible and readable. I accidentally rolled the font toward minimum only to find the text disappear. Bringing the font size back to 'normal' returned the IMG info to view.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes