Display won't stay off when 7232 is off....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I prefer the clock/channel display on the 7232 stay dark when the STB is off.  I have it set to behave that way in settings.  However, the morning after I've enter the setting the display is on even though the STB is off.

Is anyone else seeing this same behavior?  Anyone have a solution?

tia

0 Likes
Re: Display won't stay off when 7232 is off....
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Tia,

We do apologize for the inconvenience.  We perform regular testing of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) during "safetime" when only a very small portion of our customers would be impacted (1am-5am). During this testing (Which is required by law to ensure Emergency Alerts can be sent) the set top box may reboot. If it does reboot the display settings would be cleared as an unfortunate side effect of the testing.    Thanks, Tonyad

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Interesting.  At least it wasn't my imagination.  🙂

Thanks for the reply and info.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

TonyaD -

Why should a reboot change the display setting?  These user preferences should remain intact regardless of the box rebooting.

matcarl
Master - Level 1

Right Keyboards, that answer had nothing to do with the OP's problem.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

How can I retract my "Solved" check then?  Smiley Surprised

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@eljefe wrote:

How can I retract my "Solved" check then?  Smiley Surprised

To change the marked solution, you can go to Options on the upper right of the post you marked as a solution. Then, under Options, choose Unmark as Accepted Solution.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Done.

FWIW, I haven't seen the same behavior in a few days.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Tia,

We are still researching this for you.  The explanation given is one of the processes that can cause the settings to go back to default.  We perform EAS testing periodically and software used for testing may reset your customized settings.   We would like to have more information .  For example.. How long have you had the 7232?  How many times has this happened? If it is intermittent, how long of a period before the setting goes back to default?  We appreciate your help in this matter.  Thanks Tonyad

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I understand the need for more specific information and the difficulty troublshooting a problem you can't see yourself or reproduce.  Unfortunately, I can't be much more help.

I'm sure I saw the behavior I described in the original post twice.  It may have happened a few more times before I noticed it.  When I did notice it I reset the option to have the display stay on and then back to off.  I haven't seen the display on when it shouldn't be in several days now.

I got the 7232 around 2/17 2/18.

Sorry I can't be more help and I will post back should the display ever be on again when it shouldn't.

0 Likes