Does Verizon provide local channels using clear QAM?
rm9x
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi - I'm attempting to set up an additonal TV which has a QAM tuner for local channel viewing.  The automated tuner scan is not finding any channels.  Does Verizon provide the local channels in clear QAM?  I live in Massachusetts. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon provide local channels using clear QAM?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they do. How do you have TV configured for the coax port?

Needs to be set up for cable not antenna.

0 Likes
rm9x
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply.  Yes.  The TV is set up for cable TV reception via coax using QAM tuner. Its a Westinghouse TV (CW26S3CW) which requires tuner actiation (which I did).  I wanted to make sure that the channels are being suppled by Verizon before contacting Westinghouse support.

MarkE

This is a lie. THe QAM channels don't work. I tried to set this up on my LG TV and got exactly zero channels

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MarkE wrote:

This is a lie. THe QAM channels don't work. I tried to set this up on my LG TV and got exactly zero channels

I have both a Sharp and Samsung on FiOS and and have had the locals in clear QAM since I got FiOS.  If your tuner can't find any channels then there is most likely an issue with the TV.  Must support QAM 256 (and of course you need to be sunscribed to FiOS TV service as they don't  turn on the ONT video output if you aren't).