Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?
Marge

My daughter ordered HBO by mistake using a remote....she could not explain how it happened..she was playin with the remote and by mistake got into the ordering stream and did not know how to get out from it. I would like to set up a password protected block for ordering premium channels and VOD. Does anyone know how to set that up? I checked the menu/setings/parental control...but it does not have a "control for ordering" option...is there any other way to do that?

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

There is an option for requiring a PIN for VOD purchase.  You can use tell the box to use the same PIN as parental controls, or set a different one.  Don't know if that would prevent "accidental" ordering of premium channels, but it will work for any VOD purchase attempts.

Re: Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?
prisaz
Legend

I prefer to keep my purchase pin seperated. Only draw back is if the user has the parental control PIN i believe they can change box setting including the purchase pin. I may be wrong. I used to give some people the ability to overide parental controls, but if they wanted to purchase something it asked for a different pin. Just to keep my costs down.

0 Likes