Error getting you tube to work on my TV
zp270

I have media manager turned on, the tv finds my computer, but when I try to play a you tube video I get a red hand and an error message.

Please help

0 Likes
Re: Error getting you tube to work on my TV
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey zp270, the media manager can only play files that are stored and loaded on it but we have a you tube widget on our STBs. 

0 Likes
Beelzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ron, that's exactly what zp270 is referring to.  When you try to use the Youtube widget, which requies media manager to be running on some computer, the Youtube widget throws a "Error in playing video" error.  There have been suggestions in other forums that removing and/or reinstalling media manager makes this error go away, but then it just happens again later - so that's not a valid solution.

0 Likes
Superkitty11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am getting the exact same thing.  I updated my version of Media Manager and also restarted it several times and bounced the router as well as the multi-room DVR with no luck. I too continue to get that red hand with Error playing video message on every youtube video I click on (yes I did set up parental controls but provided my pin.  I also can play on my TV the Internet Radio widget fine as well as all other Widgets - just YouTube widget is non-functional - I can search with no problem - just cant play anything!  Smiley Mad

Need an answer from Verizon ASAP as their Fios tech support did not know what to do

Thx

0 Likes
iSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue (STB 6416): can look at my pictures and play my own videos on the TV.  Can also listen to internet radio, but cannot get the youtube app to work.  Tech supports told me yesterday that the youtube app has been discontinued.  As I've read on this forum about other users getting it too work (one guys said after he added Home Media DVR to his service the youtube app worked), this is either very new information or was a lie to cover up their ineptness. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I had to add VerizonMediaManager.exe and VZVideoAgent.exe to the firewall exception list in all my firewalls (meaning windows firewall and my kaspersky) and then on their website, they make a note that ESET and AVG both identify the media manager as a threat and those programs terminate the connection. so if any of that sounds familiar that may be the problem.

Also when it doesn't work, try to play the sample video, and if the sample video works then the other stuff should be working too, if the sample video does not work then it's probably the firewall thing that I mentioned above.

here is some installation troubleshooting steps that they have

»www36.verizon.com/widgets/fiosli···ble.shtm

don't know if it will help but good luck!

0 Likes