Ethernet Port on QIP 7232
Yaztheman

If I connect the ethernet port on my QIP 7232 STP to the Ethernet port on my TV, should that give me Internet access (to get things such as Netflix)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ethernet Port on QIP 7232
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@yaztheman1 wrote:

If I connect the ethernet port on my QIP 7232 STP to the Ethernet port on my TV, should that give me Internet access (to get things such as Netflix)?

Thanks!

No.  The Ethernet ports on the FIOS boxes are not activated.  If your TV is a Netflix compatiable device however, you connect the ethernet port of the TV to one of the ports on your router.  If your TV is not compatiabel and you have Blu-ray player that is.  Then connect that to the router instead.  You can go to the Netflix site to see a list of compatiable devices.  Also on the TV's menu, if it is Netflix compatiable, there is usually a menu item to select for Netflix

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@yaztheman1 wrote:

Thanks!

No.  The Ethernet ports on the FIOS boxes are not activated.  If your TV is a Netflix compatiable device however, you connect the ethernet port of the TV to one of the ports on your router.  If your TV is not compatiabel and you have Blu-ray player that is.  Then connect that to the router instead.  You can go to the Netflix site to see a list of compatiable devices.  Also on the TV's menu, if it is Netflix compatiable, there is usually a menu item to select for Netflix

0 Likes
Yaztheman

Thanks, appreciate the help.  TV also has wireless connectivity so I can try that, but can't believe streaming movies over wireless is that reliable.

0 Likes