External E-Sata Drive Issues
larrygm
I have WD My DVD External E-Sata drives attached to my set top box. They work fine for a while, then programs that I delete are still in the list but are marked as deleted and no longer available.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a work around or another hard drive that someone has experience with that has not seen this issue?

Thanks
0 Likes
Re: External E-Sata Drive Issues
KY_WD

Hi larrygm,

What type of WD external device have you got? Have you recently updated the firmware on the set top box?
You could try this link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7064/

Please, come and share what happened.Thank you.

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD

0 Likes
larrygm

The firmware is current.  The drive is a WD My DVD Drive, 1 TB as recommeded by VZ.  This has been going on for some time. I had a tech out to change out a box due to the issue, and the tech said the issue was the e-sata drive.

I have also spoken with CS about it-they have tried to re-initialize the set top box-the deleted shows just come back.  Weird.

I am thinking of trying out a WD AV-GP drive or a surveillence drive

0 Likes
KY_WD

Hi again,

Can you tell me what model is your set top box? Also, could you, please, attach the WD external device to PC and also try to perform deleting operations to whether everything is working fine? If it's working while being reached through a PC, there might be a set top box program still running any of the folders that you are trying to delete.

If the problem persists, you can refer to our customer service center for further assistance: https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/ind/?lang=en

Hope that I helped. Good luck.

KY_WD

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@KY_WD wrote:

Hi again,

Can you tell me what model is your set top box? Also, could you, please, attach the WD external device to PC and also try to perform deleting operations to whether everything is working fine?

KY_WD

The formatting done by the VZ DVR is NOT readable on a PC so there is no value in connecting it to one.

0 Likes