External HD expander available?
rknox5

I'm getting mixed messages from Verizon re: ordering an expander for my newer model DVR.  My local Verizon store (Hempstead, NY) says they can be ordered on-line for $79.95 (500gB) or $129.95 (1 tB).  Since they are encypted they must be purchased form Verizon and not an outside vendor.  I went  to on-line help and the customer rep says they won't be available for months.  Has anyone managed to get one?  What's the correct story?

0 Likes
Re: External HD expander available?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Due to NDA for beta testing below is all I can say at this time.

It won't do you any good until version 1.9 of the IMG is released (general release is currently at 1.8 and 1.9 is in beta testing) and you must have a 7xxx series DVR (eSATA only which 6xxx boxes do not support).

That said, the encryption / pairing will happen when you attach the drive (it is unique to the DVR and won't allow the drive recordings to be transferred to any other device - including another Verizon DVR).  As of now Verizon has not released a list of "approved" drives.  When they do you will be able to purchase from whomever you wish (Verizon or your favorite electronics house).

Not surprised that the CSR gave bogus info since this isn't even officially a feature at this time - they have a hard enough time getting the current options straight.