External hard drive not recognized after power outage
mbf2

After a power outage last night my WD external hard drive is not showing up. The power light is on on the drive, the DVR is working normally, except my external drive is not showing up.  I unplugged power from the DVR and restarted it, but no change.

0 Likes
Re: External hard drive not recognized after power outage
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the drive problems. There are 3 things that you can do to try to get this working again

1) Unplug the drive from the box and unplug power to the drive. Plug it back into the box and then plug the power in

2) Press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.

3) hold down the power button on the drive. You will get a pop up message that an unknown storage device has been found. Click to accept the new device. The drive should now be connected. Go to the main menu of the DVR box and select the option for DVR.  Go to expanded storage and format the drive (this will lose recording on the drive as it will format your drive)

0 Likes
Re: External hard drive not recognized after power outage
modelt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 2G Samsung drive in Rosewell external encloser running for over a year.  Two times have lost power and DVR would not recongize external drive.  The procedure I used was to reboot twice via menu>settings>customer support>in home agent>reboot STB.   Mine required two resets, the first reboot looks like DVR recongizes drive but does show as available but second reboot shows disc activity during last part boot up of box then external would show with all recordings and normal operation.   I have not lost any recordings.