FIOS Mobile App - NoAccess
RMichael1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can watch live TV on a computer and I was originally able to watch from the FIOS Mobile app but for a week or so now I simply get the Error: "NoAccess to play this content" message on my Andriod phone.  I even uninstalled the app - reinstalled and re logged in but still get the same message - regardless of whether I'm on 4G or any Wi-fi network.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile App - NoAccess
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I'm not an Android kind of guy but fwiw, on my iPhone the FiOS Mobile app still will play live TV as always.

One thing is that not all channels are available to watch on the app.  I don't know why some are and some aren't, probably the TV networks' choice, but for example if I tape the CBS channel there will be a choice to "Watch Here."  If it select PBS, or the CW Network channel the choice is only "Watch On TV."

If you can't see "Watch Here," or something similar, on any channel, it seems like it's a problem with the Android app.

edit:   I only see "Watch Here" or Watch On TV" when I'm connected to my FiOS wifi network.  When I cellular data (at&t) neither of those buttons is available and the only choice is "Record Episode."

0 Likes
RMichael1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I'm familiar with which programming is available to "watch here" and which isn't.  I've tried numerous "watch here" ones that I was watching with the App only a few weeks ago and now none of them will play, on 4G or other wi-fi's or even when attached to my home FIOS wifi network

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Ok.  I don't have a solution for you but since nobody else had chimed in I figured I'd at least let you know the behavior I'm seeing on the iPhone app.

Unhappuuser

How lazy is Verizon? Now the customers answer the service questions? Wow, sad.  I have the same problem as above., "No access." It worked fine until last Thurs or Fri. Between the tiny type, pages junked up with graphic, lack of service and big price tag, I think it may be time to abandon this ship. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Unhappuuser wrote:

How lazy is Verizon? Now the customers answer the service questions? Wow, sad.  I have the same problem as above., "No access." It worked fine until last Thurs or Fri. Between the tiny type, pages junked up with graphic, lack of service and big price tag, I think it may be time to abandon this ship. 

This whole board is peer to peer.  Customer service doesn't even look here.

For what its worth I am having no trouble viewing some content on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

0 Likes
RMichael1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm simply hopeful that someone on these forums can address this issue for me.

I too have a Samsung S5 and it was working fine until a week or so ago.

0 Likes
Unhappuuser

I had the same problem. I Uninstalled & reinstalled the app and it was fine. Good luck. 

0 Likes