FIOS Quantum TV install, how it went...
ejkkjh
Enthusiast - Level 2

We called Verizon to try to reduce our quickly rising FIOS bill, they told us by upgrading to Quantum TV we could save, so we did. The big box with new router, media server, and 3 clients arrived late Friday. I spent all day Saturday and couple hours Sunday trying to get it all working. I ran into two problems. Once I figured out I had two different problems things started to make sense. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with tech support, most of that was an ok experience. One of the client boxes was bad and would not connect. Also, I finally figured out the splitter from my original FIOS install was bad or it would not work with Quantum. I did not think it was possible for passive device to go bad, especially when it was working fine with just disconnected FIOS TV. One port on splitter would not work at all and I had intermittent problems with other ports. Late Sunday, just in time to watch the Steelers game, I tried a 30 year old, cheap splitter I had, it worked. Next, I finally talked tech support into believing one of the client boxes was bad, they shipped me new one which arrived today, Tuesday. It did not find my media server on first couple tries, for some reason it was looking for a different media server. It finally said it found a media server with a different name, which was the right one, it connected fine and now all is working. I ordered a new splitter from Verizon but I am not sure I want to try it. Good luck with Quantum, hope your install goes quicker than mine. ;

0 Likes