FIOS TV On Demand movie choppy, pausing, stuttering, pixelating
inWaldwick
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is going on with FIOS-TV this Saturday evening at 8:35pm...  We got through about 1/2 way through Captain America and all of sudden the TV starts pixelating, pausing.. stuttering, getting choppy, skipping over words etc.  It was sickening to watch.  We tried to reboot the FIOS Router.. we paused the movie.. rewound it.. tried everything.  Anyone else experience this?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV On Demand movie choppy, pausing, stuttering, pixelating
James_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good VOD experience. Did it ever get any better? Are you still experiencing the issue? Are there any other issues with your FiOS TV at this time. I'm sending a PM to you to get your information and look into your issues.

inWaldwick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response.  When we started watching the movie, it was ok... with an occassional stutter/jump/skip here and there.  By the time we get 3/4 into a movie, it becomes unbearable to watch.  Almost as if there is a static build-up.. or something overheating, or a buffer being overrun.  Its not the first time its happened.  About a year to two ago, we had a Verizon tech out here changing the box, changing the splitters etc.. Should I put another service call out to them?  Is there a way to test the lines in our home to see if they delivering an unhindered connection?  Please advise.

0 Likes
inWaldwick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any further suggestions?

0 Likes
johnme1
Enthusiast - Level 2

had similar issues and have before.  started other thread as I did not know about this one.  this thread answers one of the questions.  thanks.

0 Likes
inWaldwick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had Verizon tech come out and check it out.  He changed out the splitter on the inside of the home... most importantly, he said the signal was coming in Ethernet... he changed it over to Coaxial...  I immediately ran www.speakeasy.com speedtest and it was still running at peak speeds. We've haven't experienced any issues in the last couple of days... we're going to try another Video On Demand tonite and see how it goes. 

0 Likes
sterling801

This is October 13, 2014. Fios on demand movies choppy, pixelating, cannot watch.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

OPen a new thread.

The original poster probably had his problem fixed, as this is a really old thread.  He mentioned his problem going away after fixing a bad splitter. 

0 Likes
Indieone

I just started having the same problem starting yesterday.  It has been working just fine in the past.

0 Likes