FIOS TV Online
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried Live chat about four times and phoned technical support, too. However, my problem still is ongoing. Maybe I can get some help here if anyone has had this experience.

I subscribe to all the movie channels. I login to Verizon, select the media Tab, then TV, then On Demand. Under there, among the sub menus is FIOS TV Online with features like hbogo, maxgo, and other TV Online channels. It doesn't seem to realize I subscribe to all the movie channels. HBOGO, MAXGO, and EPIX has a white button that says "Subscribe Now". CNN, TBS, ESPN, and the rest have a red button that says "Watch Now". But, if i click that red button i get forwarded to their sites and I'm asked to login. A couple have a key logo wanting me to unlock. i hit the key, and again -- nothing happens. If I go to, for example HBOGO directly and select " Log In", I  select Verizon as my provider. A red/white Verizon window pops up, I enter my info, and it comes back saying:

HBO Subscription Required.

To watch movies, you will need to subscribe to HBO.

Order HBO Online Now

It's the same for MAXGO and EPIX, but I am subscribed to each of those channels, they work fine on my TV, and I can login to Verizon.com to view bills, access my DVR. In fact, I have had movie channels for four or five months. This hasn't been a huge priority but it would be nice to be able to use FIOS TV Online from a computer from time to time. Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing FIOS TV Online not to work on my computer? I even tried it from another computer, deleted all cookies, form data, tried different browsers, etc. when online with phone support. We have reset my router, reset my STBs, and reset my services from the Verizon command bunker I suppose, but without success. The guy with phone support was nice, but couldn't figure it out, unfortunately. He said I would get a call from another level of support, but it's been a couple of days now. If I do get a call, does anyone have any suggestions i can relay to the next level of support when/if I'm called?

Finally, this used to work last year, but I cancelled my movies at one point.  When I renewed them a few months back and tried FIOS TV Online again, this is what happened. I suspect FIOS TV Online doesn't know I have renewed all the movies, and I'm not getting authenticated and or authorized as a valid subscriber. Bit neither I or the support people I have worked with know where the discommect is either.

Any ideas? Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TV Online
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

MaxGo and EpixHD now working in addition to the others.. Thanks Verizon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kittyperry1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Are you logging in with a Verizon.net account or a verizon.com account? I have read the .net account works but I never had anything like that when I joined Verizon because I joined after they switched to this 'newer better Verizon' website. This is kind of **bleep** because part of the cost of providing the channel is to give us access to this Go thing but we're not getting access to it. So we're basically paying for something we can't even use.
0 Likes
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use my Verizon .net account that was created when I first had my service with Verizon. I've tried with just the name and with the @verizon.net portion added onto the end. I've tried from within verizon.com after logging in and directly from hbogo.com and maxgo.com. It just doesn't know I'm a current subscriber. I also had a couple of subaccounts I created within Verizon that also used to work. Like I said, I think the disconnect occurred because I cancelled all the movies at one time. I did that over the phone because at the time you couldn't cancel premium channels online-- only add them. Later, I added the all inclusive movie package online but ever since none of the TV Online channels like HboGo, MaxGo, Flix, TBS, etc. work.

I suspect it's a bit in a database somewhere that isn't set to true for each premium channel because I get a big red/white Verizon login screen. It just doesn't authenticate using the same password that does work logging into my account. Hopefully, I'll get a call from tech support level XVIII but I don't have any ticket number or the like to refer to. I've done online tech support chat at least four times over the past few months but we just rehash the same thing each time from scratch because it's a brand new support tech each time -- not a continuation of my initial request for assistance. I sure wish I could actually get some follow-up instead of having to start fresh every time. I have my fingers crossed that phone support calls back as the last guy was helpful -- just new and we basically rehashed what was done previously with online chat without success.

0 Likes
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

For other having this issue, some progress has been made in my case. Technical support level XVIII called and is working on it. I now have access to HBOGO, but none of the others. Baby step, but progress!

0 Likes
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

More progress. All FIOS TV Online channels except MaxGo.com and EPIXHD.com work. That includes ESPN, TBS, TNT, CNN, [adult swim], CN, trutv, MTV, and HBOGo. Alomsot there.

0 Likes
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

MaxGo and EpixHD now working in addition to the others.. Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes
orangecrush1262
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to watch more than what is shown as available (CN, TBS, Comedy Central, ESPN, etc) ?  I want to be able to watch those plus ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and other regular cable TV channels.