Re: FIOS TV Skipping or Stopping for a fraction of a second
AllergicToApple
Enthusiast - Level 2
We are in NY, on L.I.

I am a Verizon shareholder and am going to try complaining about the issue through corporate shareholder services, if they have such a thing.

I suggest that everyone find the corporate telephone numbers of all the executives, and maybe Google their home phones too and keep calling, politely, until we get a resolution to the issues that are interfering with the services we pay a pretty penny for.

I too am having a similar problem with live tv. While watching the "live" tv it will skip ahead-no freezing, just skipping. The skip will go from 3-4 to sometimes 20-30 seconds ahead. I was shocked when I rewound to see such a skip.

I have not yet contacted Verizon because every time I have contacted them, even to obtain information about "upgrading" (LOL) to Quantum I am angry and frustrated when I hang up.

Between my calls and online chats for Quantum info, I literally spent 8-12 hours and still did not get correct information-but that's a whole different issue.

My guess is they do not have fios or quantum in India?
Phillyspeaks103
Same issue. Verizon, please fix it.
0 Likes
brantrock1
same here ! area code 02050 Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes
credhed514

Yes I have the same problem.  New service, only 1 month old.  This happens even worse if I have paused the show.  Sometimes it will jump up to 10 minutes.  I ditched comcast because of bad customer service, among other things, but this is really making me crazy.  Also, I notice the biggest problem is with the main dvr.  The other boxes will hesitate for a few seconds, but the main dvr is an issue.

0 Likes
belle641
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here in Northeastern MD for a couple weeks now. Found this thread and haven't called tech support yet because it seems to be a widespread problem. Hope it gets fixed soon. I just got my neighbor to switch to Verizon and a couple channels they told her she would have with preferred tier are gone ( Nat Geo wild and a history channel), plus they gave her 1 room with an adapter  (no HD channels on her HD tv, no guide etc.) instead of a box just because she said she didn't need to watch pre-recorded shows in that room. Had to call and get her a hd dvr compatible box sent for $10 more a month.She has the dvr and I don't so I don't know if she's having the same issues yet- feel too bad to ask her since I was responsible for getting her to switch.

0 Likes
morx
This has been happening with us too. We live in So Cal. It's really frustrating and annoying. What seems to work a little bit was to record the show we wanted to watch and then it seems to work a little better, but this is inconvenient. Please Fix the issue!!
0 Likes
JKCOOL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here in SoCal and having the same issues after we stupidly upgraded to FIOS CRAPtum. The media server (aka DVR)  starts to suck hard when the memory falls around the 70Mbyte to 40Mbyte range.  Reboot and it just sucks less for a few days. I thought they fixed this MEMORY leak in the latest release? Or my media server is just bad hardware. 

VERIZION - I am sure glad you decided to have your customers debug the software. It just makes my day paying for a frustration of monument proportions.

Bruce

0 Likes
BenSchmitt
Same problem. Just started this week. Pittsburgh 15221
0 Likes
rgiz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing this same isue over the past few days.  Any resolution from Verizon? I also have an issue with the re-wind viewing.  I will re-wind and watch a channel and it skips back to live without pushing the remote to return to live.

Thanks.

Ray

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There have been reports of an update coming out in the next week or so.

0 Likes