• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Bronze Contributor I
JustGotFiOS
0 Kudos

Re: Mobile TV app for Kindle?

Got the notification today that FiOS Mobile is now available for the Kindle. The app isntalled quickly and works very well. The picture quality is stunning and there is no stuttering despite pulling everything across wireless.

The number of channels available is nice and matches pretty much what I get on the TV EXCEPT the basic channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. I'm not sure if that is because they are typically local channels whereas all the other channels broadcast the same programming nationwide, but the only difference are the commercials and the news. I think Verizon should just pick any one affiliate and add that to the online live TV.

One thing that I noticed is that the 'watch on TV' option does not work for me. My guess is that this requires using the wireless from the Verizon router. I use that router only as a bridge because I have better wireless and routing gear. Although, would be nice if it still worked, but even if not it is no big deal.

Still, I think the status for this request can be set to resolved. Next up for Verizon, a PC app (Windows/OS X/Linux) that mimics the features of FiOS Mobile. And please add the standard channels as well. Thanks!!!!

Silver Contributor III
PJL
0 Kudos

Re: Mobile TV app for Kindle?

JustGotFiOS wrote:

Got the notification today that FiOS Mobile is now available for the Kindle. The app isntalled quickly and works very well. The picture quality is stunning and there is no stuttering despite pulling everything across wireless.

The number of channels available is nice and matches pretty much what I get on the TV EXCEPT the basic channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. I'm not sure if that is because they are typically local channels whereas all the other channels broadcast the same programming nationwide, but the only difference are the commercials and the news. I think Verizon should just pick any one affiliate and add that to the online live TV.

One thing that I noticed is that the 'watch on TV' option does not work for me. My guess is that this requires using the wireless from the Verizon router. I use that router only as a bridge because I have better wireless and routing gear. Although, would be nice if it still worked, but even if not it is no big deal.

Still, I think the status for this request can be set to resolved. Next up for Verizon, a PC app (Windows/OS X/Linux) that mimics the features of FiOS Mobile. And please add the standard channels as well. Thanks!!!!

For the "watch on TV" your device must be on the same subnet as the STB since it using the remote control functionality in the app.  Your guess is correct.

Contributor
clydebryant
0 Kudos

Re: FIOS TV app for Kindle Fire HD tablet

how do i use fios tv on my Kindle

Bronze Contributor I
JustGotFiOS
0 Kudos

Re: FIOS TV app for Kindle Fire HD tablet

You go to the Kindle App store and search for "Verizon", then install the free Verizon Mobile app. Once installed enter your Verizon user name and password and start watching TV.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools