FIOS TV in NYC - Switching Outlets - Tech Problem?
GTR83

I am a Fios internet and TV subscriber in Brooklyn NY seeking help from fellow customers or Verizon.  

I have lived in the same  pre-wired highrise apartment for a number of years. Recently, my wife and I decided to "flip" our living room knowing that there were pre-wired outlets on both walls.  I opened the outlet and found that the fios cable was without a male coax end.  So I went to the Verizon store here in Brooklyn to inquire about getting the outlet turned and/or getting the coax cable fitted.  The employee there told me that sending a tech would incur a charge and that I could probably just get the tools to put an RG6 compression end on the cable myself and that once I do that I should just need to connect my box and viola.  

Well, I installed the male fitting and connected the box and it appears that either 1) I installed it wrong or 2) cable isn't "flowing" to all the outlets in my apartment.  

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not once subscribed and initially installed Fios "flows" to all the outlets in the apt or if it needs to be "turned on" to individual outlets?  If that's the case I obviously need to reinstall the male coax end... Otherwise I guess there is no way to change outlets in your apartment besides running wire all around the living room (ugly!)... 

If they are all "turned on" in the apartment from the initial install why wouldn't a tech put male fittings on all the outlets then!?!?  

Anyone have experience with this?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV in NYC - Switching Outlets - Tech Problem?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

If installed right all outlets should be getting a signal.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV in NYC - Switching Outlets - Tech Problem?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I would look for the structured media cabinet in your apartment. When you open it up you will be able to see if all of the RG6 coax is hooked up to the fios service. In order to find which coax goes to what room just turn on all your cable boxes and disconnect the coax one at time until the picture goes out on your TV. Once that is accomplished you will be able to connect the necessary coax that you need for the other outlet.

0 Likes