FIOS, Tivo Romio and Tivo Mini's Using MOCA
rss7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have FIOS and just got Tivo Romio and two Tivo Minis.  The Tivo Romio setup allows 2 ways to connect to Internet, Ethernet or MOCA.  I can get Ethernet to the Romio.

From COAX cable entering my house, I have the main coax feed from ONT connecting to an 8 way splitter.  1st leg of splitter connects to Actiontec Router - Interent access works great in my house.  2nd leg off of splitter connects to Tivo Romio.  ROmio and TV worls great.

I'm now trying to get the 2 Tivo Mini's working using existing coax in the house.  3rd and 4th legs off of 8 way splitter each connect to the two Tico Minis.  When I set them up, I tell them to use MOCA.  They can't connect.  

There is an option in the Romio to "use this DVR to setup a MOCA network".  if I turn that on, a few seconds later it brings down the Internet connectivity in my house.  I assume this happenss because there is already a MOCA network running in  my house due to FIOS and the 2nd MOCA network created by the Tivo Romio is causing a conflict.

Can someome tell me what to connect to what and what options I need to setup on the Romio?  I've snooped around various forums and see some "plug ang play" success stories with Tivo minis connecting over a MOCA network in FIOS homes but I'm not having that good luck.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FIOS, Tivo Romio and Tivo Mini's Using MOCA
rss7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I solved my own problem.  I went into the FIOS router and disabled the COAX LAN via "My Network, Network Connections".  I then told the Romio to "Use the DVR to setup a MOCA network".

I messed with the FIOS router in an effort to get its MOCA LAN network to operate with my Romio and Minis, but I couldn't get that to work, so I disabled the MOCA LAN on the FIOS router and turned on MOCA LAN on the Romio and all is good.

Re: FIOS, Tivo Romio and Tivo Mini's Using MOCA
marcoron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your post.  Are you using the basic Roamio with 4 tuners and not the Roamio Plus or Roamio Pro?  Thanks.

0 Likes