FIOs Pixilation issues
seashelle

We have been having issues with our HDTV box pixilating to the point where the TV can not be watched.  FIOs support has not been helpful and now are saying if they come out and it is a coax issue we have to pay for it, therefore we have been trying to fix it on our own, which in my opinion is bad service.  Anyway, we figured out that if our Standard STB is hooked up and our HD one is hooked up the HD one will not work right, therefore we can only watch one TV at a time and the standard box needs to be unhooked.  Has anyone had this happen and any ideas what we can do to fix it?  Should I call Verizon again?  I am trying to avoids wasting several hours on the phone with no end result if possible.  Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Re: FIOs Pixilation issues
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it sounds like you problem with the in home splitter that you have, and you may be able to replace the splitter with a new one.   Go to radio shack or a similiar store and just look for a 1ghz rated splitter or better (1ghz also translates to 1000mhz) 

the fios ONT has enough juice to power 15 tv sets without the need for amplifiers and things of that nature, so you can try an amplifier, but I think the problem is likely the splitter. 

Also if you have any OLD amplifiers still hooked up in your set up, remove them.  With cable tv service amplifiers are your friend, with Fios they are your enemy.  disconnect them if you have any installed.

I think your best bet is to replace splitter with a new one.

those sometimes go bad.

0 Likes
nXt1
Contributor - Level 1

I just got FiOS, last week, and was playing around/configurating my setup....

I have a 1080p LCD TV, hooked up via HDMI to the HD DVR.

I was changing the resolution settings on the HD DVR.

I was playing LIFE (on Discovery HD) and I noticed that when I put it to 720p, it was horribly pixelated, when I switched it to 1080i, it was no problems.

Dunno why this happened, doesn't make sense, but try it.

0 Likes
seashelle

thanks I will try both and let you know if it works

0 Likes