FOIS TV not available at my address but FIOS Internet & Phone is.
blzaugg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had FIOS for the past two years. But I just moved--within the same city--and attempted to transfere my account to the new address.

All the Verizon reps keep telling me that I'm not able to get FIOS TV at my new address, but that I am able to get FIOS Internet and FIOS Phone service.

This doesn't make sense to me. If I'm able to get one FIOS service, I should be able to get the rest. Right? They all travel on the same fiber line. It's just an account setting of "Yep, he's paying for A, B, & C".

Through multiple calls and support reps, it's very clear that I just can't get the TV service. I even checked my neighbors addresses and they can't even get FIOS Internet.

I can think of a few scenarios why:

1. My address actually cannot get any FIOS service and their system has bad info. As all my other neighbors can't get any FIOS service either. I would suspect that this fact would be reveled upon trying to install the service.
  2. My address physically and technologically can get all FIOS services but their system has bad data. As why could I get Internet but not TV.
  3. My address physically and technologically can get all FIOS services, but because of some third-party, I cannot. (HOA, Local goverment, franchise, etc.). This doesn't seem right, as I've called my HOA and Verizon asking about restrictions, and they are not aware of any. I still need to contact the city. But, I don't think this is the case, as Charter--which has the cable franchise--is available at both my old and new addresses, and there wasn't any restrictions of FIOS TV at the old address.

I really want to escalate this to someone who actually knows why. Because all I'm currently getting is: "We don't know." or some dumb PR answers. But I haven't be able to escalate the issue yet.

What's up with this? Is this normal or unheard of?

0 Likes
Re: FOIS TV not available at my address but FIOS Internet & Phone is.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It sounds like the area you are moving in to may not have a Video Franchise Agreement, that would certainly prevent you from getting video from Verizon.

blzaugg
Enthusiast - Level 1

WIth being in the same city (maybe 3 miles away), wouldn't the same Video Franchise Agreement still be in effect?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Do any of the neighbors around you have video service?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@blzaugg wrote:

WIth being in the same city (maybe 3 miles away), wouldn't the same Video Franchise Agreement still be in effect?

Not necessarily.  But certainly one of the first cases I heard of with FIOS available but not Video.

0 Likes
FCPXH16

I just placed Triple Play service and found out my HOA is not allowed Direct TV installed. So I called Verizon and they told me FIOS TV is not available in my area, so I have find other TV provider, but I can still get FIOS internet...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FCC has said they can not prevent you from getting Dish/DirecTv.

Look up FCC satellite TV for links to info.

You can give that to your HOA if you want DirecTv..

0 Likes