Facilitating process of getting Fios installed in my building?
real4reel

I have been getting the run around from about 3 different Verizon techs on the phone. They tell me there is nothing stopping them from installing fios in my apartment building, but they can not tell me how long or what I can do to speed up the process. I know a bunch of people in the building that want to switch from cablevision to FiOS. Does anyone have a success story or this sort? Or maybe just a helpful hint as to what I can do to facilitate the process of getting the building FIOS'D?

Thanks for anyone's help in advance... If there is anyway you can help me....

- Harry

White Plains, NY

0 Likes
Re: Facilitating process of getting Fios installed in my building?
prisaz
Legend

All I can say is have everyone interested go to the check availability site and inquire. When it says no, then ask to be notified. Do this often, even if you have already asked. Worked for me in Maryland, I was installed first, and everyone else had to wait six months until they worked out the kinks with the burial drops and equipment locations. Perhaps doing this on an almost daily basis was annoying, but I can be annoying.Smiley Wink

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

If FIOS fiber was run into your neighbourhood then you may be looking at the way FIOS works with landlords.

They have to have an agreement with the landlord in place before they can wire any apartments. Make sure you that you and your interested neighbourgs all let the landlord know you want FIOS. That way they know the interest when being approached by FIOS.

real4reel

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Appreciate it. I will try them!

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Oh... when talking to the landlord.. Make sure they understand that "Fios Enabled" in their Ads or when talking to prospective tenants will help attract more tenants.

It was a big factor in my recent apartment choice.