FiOS Mobile Remote for Android
MWilkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already called tech support and troubleshooted it but as a warning for Galaxy Nexus users... FiOS Mobile remote does not work with Android 4.2.  app tries to log in but says username and password are incorrect even if using correct credentials.

Re: FiOS Mobile Remote for Android
Hubrisnxs
Legend

go back to the app store, and email the developers so that they can deploy a fix for users. 

0 Likes
MWilkins
Enthusiast - Level 1

already tried that and the email address listed in Google Play store isn't valid.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
android-appsupport@verizon.com

I emailed that address, and it went through.   Give it a shot.   I cut and paste this forum link and your problem, so if they respond to me I'll put it in here.  But it seems it works.  
0 Likes
flash1621
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue on my Nexus 7.  I sent an email to the address posted here.  We'll see if anything happens.

boricua4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue on my Galaxy SIII running CM 10.1

0 Likes
Underst8
Enthusiast - Level 2
Still an issue. Infuse running cm10
0 Likes
HoffmansMvlPA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.  TV Listings and DVR links ask for user id and password, but after entering I get the exact same error message about user id and password, "Your User ID or Password is invalid. Please try again. If you have forgotten your credentials," (message cuts off after the comma).

When I attempt to pair my tablet with set top box, I get all the way to selecting the box in the app screen, and then the app immediately crashes with the generic Android error "Unfortunately, FiOS Mobile Remote has stopped."

I've also emailed the support email listed in this forum, as I got the same mail error when emailing the Play store listed email address.  Definitely repeatable with these specific devices/Android level... Verizon should be able to repeat this problem in their environment, especially with tablets as popular as these - it will start to effect more and more customers.

22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@HoffmansMvlPA wrote:

I am having the same issue with my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.  TV Listings and DVR links ask for user id and password, but after entering I get the exact same error message about user id and password, "Your User ID or Password is invalid. Please try again. If you have forgotten your credentials," (message cuts off after the comma).

When I attempt to pair my tablet with set top box, I get all the way to selecting the box in the app screen, and then the app immediately crashes with the generic Android error "Unfortunately, FiOS Mobile Remote has stopped."

I've also emailed the support email listed in this forum, as I got the same mail error when emailing the Play store listed email address.  Definitely repeatable with these specific devices/Android level... Verizon should be able to repeat this problem in their environment, especially with tablets as popular as these - it will start to effect more and more customers.

Hello,

Confirmed...

It definitely looks like there is something faulty with the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' app for the Google Nexus.

The 'My FiOS' app works fine, but as soon as you go to the 'My TV & DVR' and try the 'Browse TV Listings', 'Manage my DVR' 'Control my TV' it would take you to the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' app, which is a separate app altogether, and then after installing this app and signing in, and then clicking on 'TV Listings', 'DVR', 'On Demand' or 'What's Hot', the message about the login credentials occur.  

If you click on 'Remote' it would go through the pairing process with your STB.

Additionally, it is during the pairing process (which requires going to the regular FIOS TV Remote and navigating to the Menu, Widgets, and the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' widget to register a device and obtain an authorization code,

and the code is accepted and the STB is found; the device subsequently shows up on the TV screen and on the Android Device) when one gets the 'Unfortunately, FiOS Mobile Remote has stopped' message.

Unistalling and reinstalling the 'FiOS Mobile Remote' app does not resolve the issue, nor does unistalling and reinstalling the 'My FiOS' app.

This has to be reported to Verizon so that a fix could be made.

0 Likes
Dovahkiin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bump.  I will also try to email android-appsupport@verizon.com with this forum link.  Such a shame that an issue like this can linger for so long.  

0 Likes