FiOS - Netflix fine; Huluplus not: always 'an issue while playing this ideo' - help please?
magd1722

Dear all,

I have used the Netflix app on my Samsung BD-C5500 without a problem for almost a year, and want to use Huluplus.  It starts, allows me to choose a trial video, but then tells me that 'we're sorry, but there was an issue while playing this video.  Please check your connection and try again.'

I have:

- updated my Verizon FiOS router firmware (Actiontec mi424-wr version G);

- updated my Samsung software

- tried to make sure that all the HTTP and HTTPS ports are open on my router.

- put the firewall security settings to minimum on my router

- made the Samsung ip-address a DMZ host

all without success.

Perhaps also relevant: though Netflix works, when I test the internet connection (under settings>Network Settings>Test), the first three options are fine, (Mac address, IP address, gateway Ping), but the internet service test always states that 'the HTTP port is .disabled - pleaes check if the HTTp port is blocked by something like the internal firewall program'.  (When upgrading the software, I also had to do it using a USB pen, not the connection for this reason.)  This is why I have played with the router settings so much.  But, so far, all for nothing.

Can anyone perhaps help me?  I do not care about upgrading the software, etc, - just about getting Huluplus to work

Many thanks in advance,

John

0 Likes