FiOS Quantum Media Client 720p Only???
tkralicke

Does the FiOs Quantum media client only support 720p? The video settings currently only provide options of 480p and 720p.  I find this very disappointing if that is the case. My old media client equipment provided 1080i video. I was sold on Quantum being an upgrade not a downgrade.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Quantum Media Client 720p Only???
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I read off what my IPC before my previous post.  I have mine set to 1080P.  You might have to go to the hidden menu. 

Recommended Method for Access to OSD Diagnostics functionality

It is recommended to enter OSD Diagnostics through the BUI Menu:

1. Press and hold the “D” key on the IR remote for 5 seconds, then release the key. The BUI Main Menu is shown in Figure 23.

a. From the BUI Menu, the user can select and navigate to Diagnostics.

b. From the BUI Menu, the user can select and navigate to User Setting Menu.

2. The alternate method of accessing the diagnostics is to power on the IPC1100 and then immediately press the select key twice (or the OK key) of the remote.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

It supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i AND 1080p (including 1080P24 and 1080P60),  Perhaps the handshake with your TV got bad results.  Or you used the IMG screen and didn't go over to the right and then arrow down to show all the options.

tkralicke

The media server gets all options including 1080p, however the client only shows two options in the menu. Why would the user interface only show two options if the problem was a bad "handshake" as you say? If that was the case then when 1080 was selected, not video would show.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I read off what my IPC before my previous post.  I have mine set to 1080P.  You might have to go to the hidden menu. 

Recommended Method for Access to OSD Diagnostics functionality

It is recommended to enter OSD Diagnostics through the BUI Menu:

1. Press and hold the “D” key on the IR remote for 5 seconds, then release the key. The BUI Main Menu is shown in Figure 23.

a. From the BUI Menu, the user can select and navigate to Diagnostics.

b. From the BUI Menu, the user can select and navigate to User Setting Menu.

2. The alternate method of accessing the diagnostics is to power on the IPC1100 and then immediately press the select key twice (or the OK key) of the remote.

webridges1
The OSD (hold D) method fixed my issue of it being stuck in 480p. Thanks!
0 Likes
snatr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Going into the user settings here has helped me with the same issue. Only in my case the 1080p was available in the regular menu but it was staying at 480p. The only question I have now is did I choose the correct 1080p? There were a couple of differnt types to choose from (24, 30 and 60). I choose 60. Thanks!

0 Likes