Re: Fios DVR, VOD no longer working
nickrt80

Yeah, but its strange that every other function of the STB works except VOD when the IP range is different than 192.168.1.0.  I had it using a 10.x.x.x subnet.  It got an IP, i could ping it, it was able to download guide data.  VOD used to work perfect until recently anyways.  strange 🙂

0 Likes
calF2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@nickrt80 wrote:

CalF, when you do a self diagnostic on your STB, does it say Gateway failed?  mine still says that, but VOD works perfect again.

I just got home and performed the self test.

My DVR passed.

It seems the "Gateway test" is connecting to the LAN address of the router.

In the Gateway test response, it shows Successful (192.168.1.1).

Did you change your Routers LAN IP address as well as the DHCP server addresses?

Note: I don't get full credit for this solution.

When I first discovered this problem a couple of weeks ago, the Verizon CS said it was a City problem and would be fixed in a couple of days.

As time went on, I started searching for Verizon VOD problems and stumbled on an older post that mentioned that VOD would only work with STBs that had an IP address in the 192.168.1.x range.

During the course of time I talked with another CS and they also mentioned it was a city problem.

Yesterday I went to a friends house a couple of streets from mine and their VOD was working.

That is when I decided to try the IP address solution.

It worked.

After that discovery, I called Verizon Tech support again, and submitted a trouble ticket that VOD does not work with the 172.16.1.x IP range.

For the record:

Router Lan IP address 192.168.1.1 Subnet 255.255.255.0

DHCP

Start IP address 192.168.1.100

End IP address 192.168.1.200

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Good Luck.

0 Likes
nickrt80

Thanks again.  I made my DHCP scope 192.168.1.100-200 as well.  My VOD works perfectly now, it still says Failed on the gateway test but I guess as long as everything is functioning I won't worry about it.  I don't know why it would fail, because obviously it can contact the gateway if it returns my ICMP request when my computer is on a different subnet 🙂

0 Likes
iplows
Had same prob with VOD_147. Changed router IP range to 192.168.1.1. After powering dvr off and on - it now works perfectly! Thanks
0 Likes
Cyr

I have been having the same VOD_147 issue for about 2 weeks.  I tried to be patient and "Try again later", but finally called support last weekend.  I have spoken with them almost everyday since.  I keep getting a new support person, who has to start over with the issue, a new commitment date and a another promise of a call back.  Unfortunately, they tell me each time that they called the same wrong number even though I have repeatedly asked them to correct it and was assured that they had.

Again, tonight I am waiting for a call that was supposed to happen about an hour ago. I have no confidence that it will happen. That promise followed yet another resolution commitment time of 5 1/2 hours ago. Still no fix.  I'm really starting to think about going to another provider simply because of the extremely poor customer support.  I'm tired of sitting around waiting for a phone call that never happens. I've spent over 5 hours on the phone trying to get my Video on Demand working. They tell me it's a known problem that needs to be fixed on an account by account basis. But, so far, my account does not appear to be a priority.

I am going to try the IP address change that was recommended on this board. Sounds like all of you have been able to do something that the verizon support team hasn't been able to do. Wish me luck! I certainly haven't had much luck with the Verizon team!!!!!

Thanks for your input.

Peggy

0 Likes
goodtwin315
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still having the issue as described. I've been back and forth on the chat, restarted the router, cable boxes and reset the router, still having the issue. I loko at my DHCP settings and they are 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200.

Any other help would be great, this all started after the upgrade of the settop box and the tech people are not very responsive with getting back to me.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Have you tried calling into support directly instead of going on chat?  When you say you restarted the router, have you reset the router back to factory defaults?

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reset the router (hold red button for 10 seconds on back of router) and wait for it to completely reboot and come back online.    Change nothing else on the router.  Then, reboot all of the STB's  (pull power cord, wait 10 seconds, and then plug back in again).

Go into the Menu on the STB and check the System Information to insure you have an IP address assigned in the 192.168.1.1xx range.

Now see if VOD, etc. works.

0 Likes