Fios HDTV and Regular digital channel are pixelated
jakesteele25

Ok so after years of having optimum, I convinced my husband to let us switch to Verizon fios. (Big, Big mistake!)

after doing a lot of convincing, he agreed, so I called Verizon and made an appointment for new fios installation on 1/4/14. Customer rep was very nice and the tech guys called in advance and arrived on time, so I figure we were of to a good start.

After spending an hour trying to install the fios, the tech guys told me that they didn't bring a splitter so they have called someone and the person is going to bring them a splitter, but the caveat is that the person will be here in 45min because they are at a meeting. The tech guys decided to go to lunch while waiting for the splitter. An hour later they arrived with the person, and the splitter was installed outside my door and the installation inside resumed. They were able to get the phone and the internet working, but had trouble activating my TV; for what seemed like hours later, they were finally were able to get my TV going! IMMEDIATELY I noticed the difference in picture quality and I have to say that I am deeply upset that my fios  HDTV and regular digital channel was blurry and pixelated. The digital channel was so hurried! And the HDTV channel was pixelated and had a blur. I immediately protest to the tech guys and they basically told me that this is what I had to deal with in terms on the digital channels and that I should watch only HD channel and as for the HDTV, they told me that Verizon is having some trouble due to the storm and that might be the problem, so wait it out and see (total installation took 4 hours!). Well, I waited and the problem didn't go away so I called customer service to complain and they immediately sent out new tech guys. When these tech guys showed up, I explained the situation and showed the the channels, may made all sorts of excuses and didn't even check they wires or offer new STB box to see if that would rectify they problem, instead they were RUDE and refused to help, they told me this is how fios is and that they don't see any problem. After I insisted that they do something about this or I am canceling my service they decided to call ask their supervisor to come to my house. They decided that they will wait for their supervisor outside, I waited for 1 1/2 hour! I called Verizon rep again and luckily go a supervisor on the phone, the supervisor wanted to talk to them, but they refuse to come upstairs and talk to this supervisor! They were extremely rude to me, they told me that if that supervisor want to talk to them, he should called them on their phone and when that supervisor asked me to get their number for him, they refused to give me the number, they told me to tell him that if he looked on the case file, he will find their number! Since the supervisor couldn't talk to them he told to to just give them a chance to bring their supervisor on site. When they brought their supervisor upstairs, they all had attitude and they all unanimously told me this is as good as Verizon get, so they can't fix my blurry digital channel and that they don't see any problems with my HD channel! In a nutshell they suggested that me and my husband don't know what we are talking about! At this time I had had enough with the rudeness and told them to uninstall the fios and leave, but they told me that they can do no such thing and that the HUGE AND UGLY BOX that is screwed unto my leaving room wall have to stay their permanently because they have a contract with the building! I told them that I don't care what contract they have with the building, I contacted them for a service and since I no longer want their bad service I will not keep this ugly box in my living room and will be shipping it to Verizon at my earliest convenience and then I bid them  good bye and good ridding. 

After they left, the other supervisor called to find out if the tech guys and their supervisor came and fixed the issue, I told him what they told me and that I wall no longer be a Verizon customer! He apologized and suggested sending me a new STB box to see if that will resolve the issue. I told him fine, but if the box he send doesn't solve this issue, I will be sending them all of their boxes back including the **bleep** wires! I called optimum to see if I can come back to them, they send they have to charge me $40.00 to port my phone number back ! Ugh, but at this point I will pay the $40, to get rid of Verizon. I give Verizon till this Thursday to receive the box, hopefully it solves the issue, but if not I am DONE WITH FIOS. Biggest mistake I have ever made!

0 Likes