Fios Mobile HDMI error
SeanU

I have an HP Slate 21 pro running Android 4.3.3. Fios Mobile installs and runs, but when I try to watch video, I get an HDMI port detected error. The device has an HDMI *input* so it can be used as a monitor,  but no HDMI output. As far as I can tell there is no way to disable the HDMI port in the Android settings. I'm not sure if the device treats the internal LCD as an hdmi display. Can you guys at Verizon add an exception based on this device name string to allow streaming? One of the reasons I got the thing is because it is perfect for viewing TV Content... very frustrating.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Fios Mobile HDMI error
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SeanU,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. If we are to understand this correctly, you're actually running the FiOS Mobile app on the HP Slate 21 pro and when you watch a video, that's when it gives the HDMI error? If that's the case, is anything connected into the HDMI Input at that moment also? We just haven't seen anything like this before unless the video is being sent through an HDMI Output instead. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app and or power cycling the device?

As for adding a device name string, we can check but it may be awhile before this can be implemented.

Thanks,

CJ

0 Likes
SeanU

Hey CJ,

Yes I tried fully resetting the device to factory defaults, and re-installing the app. There is nothing connected to the HDMI input on the slate. I'm not sure if it is the hdmi port causing the issue or possibly how the hardware connects to the internal LCD panel... maybe it uses hdmi out for the internal lcd connection. The slate has an HD 21" panel. The device is not very popular, so there is not alot of info available about the internals. I will verify the device name string when I get home if you want it.

Thanks for the follow up.

Sean

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

One guess is the HDMI input may not include HDCP.  As such it may not be allowed by the app.

0 Likes
SeanU

Yes, but it is an input... not an output. The device has no hdmi out. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes input, and would have to support HDCP to prevent copying of protected  material.  The STB definitely support it on output. and when active the receiving device must support it.

0 Likes
AZ8074

is there a resolution to this BUG, I am in the same frsutrating situation where i woulf have liked to watch Tv on HP slate 21 Pro but can't as the Mobile app considers the input HDMI port as Output and on top of that it considers it as connected.

0 Likes