Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
tavenger5
0 Kudos

Fios QIP7232 or QIP7216 DVR and Samsung UN46C6300?

I've read about issues with the older QIP6416 and the Samsung UN46C6300 (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Fios-Box-QIP6416-and-Samsung-UN46C6300-TV-...)

Has anyone has issues with the QIP7216 or the newest QIP7232 DVR's? 

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

Re: Fios QIP7232 or QIP7216 DVR and Samsung UN46C6300?

On a positive note. I have had both a 7216 with HDMI, and now a 7232 with HDMI connected to my 4 year old Samsung and have not had ANY problems with img 1.8. Some users had issues with the old 1.7img and HDMI, with many of the issues corrected with the 1.8 img. But this is my experience.

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

Re: Fios QIP7232 or QIP7216 DVR and Samsung UN46C6300?

I have a 55" samsung that works flawlessly on hdmi.   Samsung made available a firmware update to their customers who were having issues like that.  so I can only talk from experience, I did not need the firmware update, but worse case scenario you can go to a high grade component cable that supports 1080 i. 

just make sure your samsung component plug ins are rated for 1080, that should be in your user manual, and you should be able to find that at www.retrevo.com if you don't have it handy. 

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411