Re: Fios Quantum cable box lag in response time.
PerkTX

It's now 2015, we were promissed a fix was coming in 2014,   Lag time is still horrible, connection drops down well below my promissed 75/75 that I pay for. 

Is anybody happy with quantum????

0 Likes
PerkTX

Chrismnj, still happy with it 3 months later

0 Likes
Greglet

I have had FIOS quantum for a few months now and I have the same lag problem.  Everything works fine on the TV that is connected to the main DVR, but switching from live TV to recorded programs is very slow on the TV that is connected to the client DVR.  The Verizon technicians have told me that they are working on a fix, but I wonder how long it will take.  If I had known about this problem beforehand, I would never have upgraded.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been well documented on this board.

A routine reboot does help(say once a week or so).

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Greglet wrote:

I have had FIOS quantum for a few months now and I have the same lag problem.  Everything works fine on the TV that is connected to the main DVR, but switching from live TV to recorded programs is very slow on the TV that is connected to the client DVR.  The Verizon technicians have told me that they are working on a fix, but I wonder how long it will take.  If I had known about this problem beforehand, I would never have upgraded.

As far as fixes coming some actually got messages saying it was coming, followed by ones that it would be delayed a few weeks.  Someone even posted the original schedule that would have it rolled to everyone this month.  From what has been said, be glad it was delayed.

0 Likes