Fios VMS/DVR loses connection to the network after Fios Gateway Router upgrade- SO FRUSTRATED!!!
nbertolino

I'm just about at the end of my rope and ready to cancel my Fios service.  We upgraded to the Fios Gateway Router at Christmas.  The router works perfectly for all my devices on the internet - 2 laptops, a tablet, and two phones (one andriod and one iphone).  Our wi-fi is significantly faster and better - for those devices.  However, ever since that upgrade, our Fios VMS and Set-Top boxes intermittently freeze and lose connection to the network.  We have worked with the Fios Chat folks at least 10 times, and had technicians out to the house at least 6 times. They have replaced the ONT, the Gateway Router once, the VMS boxes twice, the client boxes once.  They have checked every line in the house, and all are fine (not "losing any packets" - whatever that means).   We've rebooted VMS' and routers, and factory reset the router.  The technicians have done everything they know how to do -  it always works when they leave (because they have replaced something and babied it into working), and then within another few days it stops again.  The last time it went out, we requested a supervisor to be the technician who came out, but by the time they got there two days later, it had started working again. The supervisor said that since he couldn't recreate the problem, he couldn't do anything, so he left.    I honestly believe it is the router - I think Verizon didn't test it properly before putting it out, and there is something preventing them from talking to the VMS boxes consistently.  We didn't have any problems with the VMS boxes prior to the router upgrade - it was totally solid with the old router.  I have seen other people on this forum with this issue, and they seem to have just gone back to the old router instead of continuiing to fight it.  I really don't want to do that, because it has improved my wi-fi performance.  And plus - Verizon should be able to make their products work together!!!!    Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a solution out there?  

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Fios VMS/DVR loses connection to the network after Fios Gateway Router upgrade- SO FRUSTRATED!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes