Fios digital converter for analog TV--NO CHANNEL number appear on screen!!
julmer

Some how I've made the FIOS TV channel number display in the lower left corner of the screen disappear!!  How do I fix it so the numbers reappear??  I'm using the DTC-700 digital-to-analog converter box (small box) with remote control.  I was trying to reprogram the remote control buttons following the instructions that came with it and lost the on-screen channels numbers!  Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios digital converter for analog TV--NO CHANNEL number appear on screen!!
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Try pulling the power on the DCT-700 for 15 seconds.  This usually fixes the loss of the channel display.

View solution in original post

Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Try pulling the power on the DCT-700 for 15 seconds.  This usually fixes the loss of the channel display.
julmer

Success!!  I followed your suggestion and unplugged the the power cord for around 15 seconds and then plugged it in again and voila the channel numbers are back!!  I take it this is the basic 'reset' procedure for the DCT-700?  Anyway, thank you for the info.

Oh yes, another observation:  The DCT-700 unit seems to run extrordinaryly HOT.   Should precautions be taken to account for this?  The installation tech did not mention anything about the heat.

0 Likes