Fios mobile app can't play back DVR programs
videoprofessor
On my iPhone using the fios mobile app I can see all of my recorded shows, but is it possible to view them on my iPhone?
0 Likes
Re: Fios mobile app can't play back DVR programs
lcsportscars

From my knowledge, the mobile app for Verizon Fios is unable to do that. You can only record and schedule recordings off of it. But I will say that if there's any Verizon representatives reading this, they should probably think about adding such a feature as it would make this app even more nice and worth using.

0 Likes
videoprofessor

I totally agree.  If I can watch HBO Go and other channels on my mobile device, I should be able to watch programs I have recorded on my DVR on those devices.  Verizon keeps jacking up their fees with little more to offer.  I am ready to start shopping around for another carrier.

0 Likes
robecker11
Comcast/Xfinity claim you can watch your DVR programs on the go wit their service. I was actually at the Verizon Wireless store in Avon, MA a week or so ago on an unrelated matter and the person I spoke with told me I could watch my DVR shows. He showed me how to access it on my Android and sure enough, there was the DVR and all the recordings. Fast forward to today, I wanted to finish watching something I recorded last night.
Found the DVD and recordings easy enough but no option to view them. What's up with this Verizon? Like it says in other posts you continue to increase your prices. Time to step it up with the services. If Xfinity users have it, why don't we?
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Xfinity uploads all of your recordings to "the cloud".

Verizon could do that but currently does not.

Requires a fair amount of bandwidth and storage capability.

I haven't seen anyone post how that service compares to FIOS (after new customer discounts expire).

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use various on the go such as HBO GO. 

You could use a device such as a Slingbox to send your DVR'd material to your other devices. 

There was originally talk about perhaps being able to view material from a Quantum VMS within your local network.  Nothing mentioned recently.

Some other techniques exist.  For example I can vew my Samsung TV material on my SAMSUNG Galaxy S5 (means leaving TV on).

0 Likes
HHRN1

I’ve been able to watch DVR programs for years but with our most recent ‘top of the line’ upgrade this ability stopped- so frustrating and no help from tech dept

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes