Fox News Channel 118 regular audio only on right with tones on left
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

This just started today. The left channel on 118 is only tones (cue tones I believe) while the right channel has the normal audio. This is during network programming. When the local advertisements play the audio is normal.

I'd rather not call in as I don't want to check the box. It's not the box as this is the only channel (118) with this problem. In fact Fox News in HD (618) is fine as well. If the CSR didn't openly say they knew nothing about audio last time I called I might want to call in. As it is I feel it would be a complete waste of time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fox News Channel 118 regular audio back again
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

The problem has been solved and the sound stage is once again balanced. That's fair. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Fox News Channel 118 regular audio only on right with tones on left
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Here on L.I. channel 118 only has sound in the right channel.  The left channel is silent.

618 has sound in both sides (although I almost threw up my dinner listening to it for even a few seconds). 

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

@eljefe wrote:

Here on L.I. channel 118 only has sound in the right channel.  The left channel is silent.

618 has sound in both sides (although I almost threw up my dinner listening to it for even a few seconds). 

Thanks for the confirmation. I checked and both CNN & MSNBC have normal audio while FNC is still one channel only.

0 Likes
Re: Fox News Channel 118 regular audio back again
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

The problem has been solved and the sound stage is once again balanced. That's fair. Smiley Wink

0 Likes
BSH3

Also not receiving sound from channel 118.  Receiving some commercial info. sound.  I will call Verizon for assistance.

0 Likes
BSH3

Experiencing same thing - no audio for Fox News, channel 118.  All other channels working just fine.  I did hear some commercials on 118 - but not all.  I contacted Live Chat today.  Spent the time to describe my problem with Verizon individual, Srikanh, assisting.  Verizon is sending me out a new top box.  My other televisions are working just fine on 118, just not the one in the living room.,  Have had the service over 4 1/2 years now.  Hope this helps you.

0 Likes