GUIDE OFTEN WRONG
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I often watch international channels - I am subscriber for Russian language TV package. I've noticed that guide is very often is not what  actual progamming are. Guide show sometimes continuation of the old TV series, while new series already started. Besides, company who manages Guide, somehow, decided to translate Series, movies, etc. names from Russian to English.

Not just name of the show speeled in Russian language with Latin lettters but directly translate from Russian language to English. 

As a result, sometimes translation is very, very lousy to say the least.

I am former DirectTV customer and I also had Russian TV package there, but DirectTv guide did not do that strange things like translation programming from Russian to English.

Does anybody know, why they doing this and who is Guide manager, so I can directly appeal to them for the poor job they are  doing

AD

0 Likes
Re: GUIDE OFTEN WRONG
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Please let us know how it goes,  The guide data comes from a company called FYI television.  Here is their contact us link. 

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I've send Company who privides Verizon with a Guide - no reply so far. Looks that this is a crappy company not in just providing poor guide but the customer service is also very poor...

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@alden wrote:

I've send Company who privides Verizon with a Guide - no reply so far. Looks that this is a crappy company not in just providing poor guide but the customer service is also very poor...

That was my experience, no response when I sent them an email about two years ago. I think the problem may be that you and I are not their customer, at least from their perspective, Verizon is. And unfortunately so far Verizon doesn't seem to be willing to hold FYI's feet to the fire. I have come to the conclusion that there is no solution, we are just going to have to live with it the way it is, although I will say that in the five years I have had FiOS TV the Guide data actually has improved some. It still needs to get better, but it is better now than it was, IMO and FWTW.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes