Get Home Media DVR
cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having an issue with the home media dvr feature. I am a new fios television subscriber and got my equipment today. I ordered 2 HD DVR's and one with the Home Media DVR feature. Of course, they both display the option in the menu "Get home media DVR" and surprise! none of them are set up to be home media DVR's....

To my understanding, these dvr's are capable of doing so, if they set it up correctly. What in gods name do I need to do to make it work? I have called VZ and they are telling me it is registered to my account and they do not know why its not working ...

I am a network engineer and can confirm there on the network, just refuse to talk. If I try to hit it from a non-dvr box it says theres an error and to remove power.

I have tried rebooting ... defaulting the router ... everything. They still wont talk... any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Get Home Media DVR
cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok ... Finally got someone who knew their stuff (well, more than others). It turns out that even though many of Verizon's competitors allows DVR-DVR connectivity, Verizon currently does NOT support this. I just wish the first tech I talked to would of told me this .. or even the person I spoke to while ordering and going over how it works ... **bleep**, I just lost a good 8 hours of my life.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I had partition my home media dvr. They removed it and added it back. we reset my router again ... We then powered each dvr on in order starting with the home media dvr...

Still no dice. They both can get to VOD no issues, but the non-home media dvr can not see the recordings of the home media dvr....

Any help?

0 Likes
cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok ...

after the re-provisioning I am able to see the recordings that were made on the home media DVR, on the HD-Box. BUT not on the other regular HD-DVR. Does anyone know if an HD-DVR can read from a home media dvr? If not, what if I make it a home media dvr as well? then can it?

VZ website does not explain any of this, any insight would be great before i go crazy talking to vz ... different answer every time.

0 Likes
cailyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok ... Finally got someone who knew their stuff (well, more than others). It turns out that even though many of Verizon's competitors allows DVR-DVR connectivity, Verizon currently does NOT support this. I just wish the first tech I talked to would of told me this .. or even the person I spoke to while ordering and going over how it works ... **bleep**, I just lost a good 8 hours of my life.

0 Likes