Ghosting
defa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Just had a manager and tech come out to look at my pixeling and ghosting, they claim since the HD Bravia is only 60Hz there is nothing they can do to solve this issue, It's a Fios Sony compatability issue?? I never heard of that reason since my DTV was working excellent prior to the Fios triple play....Does anyone out here have the same issue with their Bravia and Fios?? I tend to think they just don;t know what's going on....

Thanks,

Defa

0 Likes
Re: Ghosting
Hubrisnxs
Legend

go into the TV settings and disable any motion blur settings for it. 

Also try the 720p setting,  there are a ton of people with bravias out there that have fios.  if they said they couldn't fix it from their end, then there's a possibilty that it's just a setting that the techs' and everyone has overlooked.  

My tv has two motion blur styled settings, but I have a mitsubishi,  so you would want to look through your picture settings

I think sony calls it motion flow Motionflow - also play with the gaming mode settings. 

0 Likes
Re: Ghosting
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also remember, a good isolation method to make sure that it is in fact the cable box, or in fact the TV - is to disconnect the cable box, and reconnect it to a working TV set.  if it looks fine on that set - then the problem is properly pinpointed to the TV in question and it's settings.   if the problem follows the box and ghosts on another TV set that didn't ghost with a different cable box, then it may be the cable box and a replacement may help.  

if the FiOS looks great on other tv's then you know that the signal coming in is fine, and it may be the tv or the wiring to that room 

Also, here is something really neat that I found.   I just googled Sony Bravia, Ghosting, Fix.

Fix for Ghosting on your Sony Bravia TV

There were other fixes as well in that search. 

One user comment says:

Great Stuff - this fix works a treat! All 60Hz Sources including Xbox,Wii Component video and HDMI from Xbox and DVD player are working now - Thanks.

If that doesn't work, this other gentleman on youtube has a Video 

0 Likes