• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

Guide Colors

Any feedback on the new STB img guide colors, for those who may have seen the latest?
Copper Contributor
candcgregory

Re: Guide Colors

I just started a thread on this very thing.

The color scheme for the channel guide in 1.9.1 is atrocious. Too dark. I have a 32 inch Sony Bravia wall mounted in my bedroom, and 20/20 vision. My TV is 10-12 feet away, and when I pull up the channel guide, I'm having an awful time reading parts of it. The channel logos on the left side bleed into the gray background.

It looks awful. 

Silver Contributor III
PJL

candcgregory wrote:

I just started a thread on this very thing.

The color scheme for the channel guide in 1.9.1 is atrocious. Too dark. I have a 32 inch Sony Bravia wall mounted in my bedroom, and 20/20 vision. My TV is 10-12 feet away, and when I pull up the channel guide, I'm having an awful time reading parts of it. The channel logos on the left side bleed into the gray background.

It looks awful. 

The word "atrocious" is exactly what came to my mind when I first saw the new color scheme  It demonstrates a total lack of creativity.. 

Nickel Contributor
DrewDove
0 Kudos

When the guide went from the dark color / lame layout to the bright color / good layout I thought it was a decent trade-off. Now they have the better (IMHO) colors matched with the advanced layout I say YAY! :smileyhappy:

Thank you Verizon for getting it right! And again IMHO so YMMV.

Drewdove
Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I guess they need to have color schemes, like I suggested when they were developing 1.9. It should have been a user selectable setting, that could be classic or modern. Or however they chose to word it. I know the Cisco has an ability for users that are visually impaired, but I do not believe it is enabled. I will need to look at it and see if it works. I have not tried it. Perhaps it is only in the diags menu and not something that is adjustable. But maybe it was in the settings menu. Time to play.

Contributor
gcarz102

The new Guide colors are TERRIBLE.  I am "color challenged" and now can barely distiguish between the channel types (blue, red, green).

Once again Verizon has developed a solution to a problem that didn't exist.

PLEASE put the color scheme back to what it was, or better yet, give the USER the ability to select a color scheme that works for them.

Contributor
so128

Bring back the brighter colors

Nickel Contributor
cxg331

[ Edited ]

Just awful.  I feel like I'm looking at the guide through a thick pair of sunglasses, or that my TVs contrast is suddenly turned down to 10 when the menu comes on the screen.  The 1.9 guide was perfect.  It was a smidgen too bright, but I never had a single issue reading anything on the guide.  Sorry in advance for the visual, but the new guide colors look like puke.

Silver Contributor II
Bobbo527
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

prisaz wrote:
Any feedback on the new STB img guide colors, for those who may have seen the latest?

It is dark, that is for sure. But given the choice of the dark or the horrible light blue I'll take the dark all the time. I find it much easier to read than the light blue (but of course it is still not ideal). I still wish Verizon would allow the users to select their own colors, like Comcast did.

Copper Contributor
rpjoe
Device: iPhone 4S 64MB
Plan: Ultimate HD * 35/35
0 Kudos

is it possible to make it user selectable in the future? the new color is pretty lame.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411